Atlanta Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 61 of over 61 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Atlanta Public Schools

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in Mar 2021

Interview

First step is completing a hirevue video interview *7 video questions, short answer responses Second is applying to a specific school *If you do well on hirevue, your application goes in a separate pool where principals will hire from first. I was personally interviewed by 6 individuals (Principal,vp and instructional coaches). They each asked a series of question. (Background, SEL experience, collaboration)

Interview Questions
  • Q: What are three words that describe you and why? Q: What can you bring to the team? What is your collaboration style?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in May 2020

Interview

Applied online with APS, applied specifically to an elementary school. I got a panel video interview the next day. Then a few days later had a interview with the principal and vice principal.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in Mar 2020

Interview

Call- a 5 to 10 min interview Video 15-20 minute interview with written activity In person - a panel of 3 or more individuals that represent different departments of the district. You are asked 5 questions in general, if they ask more it's a good sign.

Interview Questions
  • Why is your background and experience a good fit?

Atlanta Public Schools

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools

Interview

Very difficult to get an interview in Atlanta Public Schools. Submitted dozens of applications with no response. In many instances need an inside connection to get you access to interviews. Actual interview is straight forward. Seeks to know your classroom management skill level, previous teaching experience, test scores and data from previous teaching assignments and differentiation methodology.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in Jun 2019

Interview

It took about 3 weeks for me to get a Hirevue (digital) interview. I had to dress as though I were actually leaving the house for the interview and talk to my computer screen and answer questions. It's been a week since the robotic interview with no feedback. I'll be interested to see if I even receive a call for an in person interview. I only worked for APS for 4 years in their Budget Department so I'm kind of dismayed that I haven't received an in person interview. I'm beginning to think that Hirevue is a way of reviewing a candidate's physical appearance so it can be determined if you are even worthy of an in person interview based on "looks". Also, if the position(s) are earmarked for an internal candidate, please open up the interviews to internal candidates ONLY. Please stop wasting external candidates time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in Mar 2019

Interview

I had a positive interview experience with APS. My interview panel consisted of 3 individuals who were pleasant and a joy to interact with. I was very nervous at first but they made me feel comfortable. I had a 2nd interview and it went well. There were 2 people interviewing me. I had to submit a paper prior to the interview and do a presentation and more questions for the 2nd one. I am very happy to have had this opportunity. The process stretched me and whether i get the job or not, I am thankful for the opportunity.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in Jul 2018

Interview

Principal, Assistant principal, and other staff interview for teaching position and ask various questions about your experience. They want to know how you will deal with other employees and how you will work as a team player. How will you develop and implement lesson plans.

Interview Questions
  • About my experience with teaching in different environments

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in Jul 2018

Interview

Interviewed one on one with Principal. Was able to take a tour of the school. Met a few teachers and Instructional Coaches. Learned about the demographics of the school. The school goals were inline with the goals I wanted to accomplish with students.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in May 2018

Interview

The interview process was done via hirevue. There were a total of six questions relating to the job description. There was a glitch with the app, but the administrator was very responsive.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your experience? Why do you want to work in public education?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in Feb 2018

Interview

I received an email inviting me to participate in a phone interview. I didn't know there would be a panel, so that made me nervous. A few of the interviewers were kind, but a few were not quite.

Interview Questions
  • Please give an example of a work conflict and how was it resolved.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 Interviews