Atlanta Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.7

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Online HireVue interview. Several questions were asked. Nothing too hard. You were able to practice before actually answering. Several questions I recorded myself answering and one question was a short essay response. At the end of the process it stated someone would contact me from the HR department. I haven't heard anything just yet.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward, but the results afterward were pretty non-existent. Never heard a yes or a solid no after my interview and no one ever returned my phone calls.

Director of Family Engagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

i only had a online computer interview, you must smile for the camera, read the questions and then answer it. I am waiting for a email to say if I passed phase i or not.

Interview Questions

• Based on your background why do you feel that you are the best candidate for the position.   Answer Question
    • What makes you qualified for the position   Answer Question

Non Instructional Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an interview with the vice principal that consisted mostly of a conversation about my hopes and goals with this job as well as a few prepared questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you passionate about education?
      2. What is your experience in education?
      3. How would you handle teaching math and science through literature?   Answer Question

Secondary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I had a five minute interview with an old principal. He was very nice but did not let me answer a single question fully. He pretty much asked me if I wanted to give it a shot, I said yes and got the job on the spot.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

There was no interview. I applied online and within a week I got an email stating that I was hired. There is a mandatory orientation that you must attend in order to get your credentials. During the orientation we reviewed the code of ethics, Georgia Law, what it takes to become a great substitute, how do identify a child that is being abused, and how to form trust among the students, faculty and staff.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools in June 2016.

Interview

I completed a digital Interview. I received a phone call for an in-person interview two weeks later. Later that same day, I received a phone call saying I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: I do you handle challenging behavior in your classroom?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Computer screening was really odd. Even a phone screen would have been easier. The staff was great. Very helpful. But the format was a challenge. They moved very fast, unusual for government.

Paraprofessional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools.

Interview

The interview was brief with little questions asked. I felt as if the interview was rushed. This was a difficult experience. I felt more of a number and maybe if I didn't attend a job fair it would be better.

Interview Questions

• Difficult scenario questions ...what would you do if...?   Answer Question

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I attended a hiring event held at the school after receiving an email form the secretary, I first had a prescreening interview with 2 appointees and then was interviewed and questioned by principal and assistant principal.