Atlanta Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atlanta Public Schools Interview Questions

Interviews at Atlanta Public Schools

2.7

Paraprofessional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools.

Interview

The interview was brief with little questions asked. I felt as if the interview was rushed. This was a difficult experience. I felt more of a number and maybe if I didn't attend a job fair it would be better.

Interview Questions

• Difficult scenario questions ...what would you do if...?   Answer Question

Spanish Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the principal to come in and interview. He received my application from HR. He asked me to elaborate on the interview process. It went very well and I was contacted by the end of the business day.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few hiring principals called to schedule interviews. I interviewed with a four person panel with one of the principals from an elementary school. They each took turns asking basic and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student.....? How would you handle a student who refuses to complete assignments?   1 Answer
    • What would do if a student had a issue with sitting down during instruction?   1 Answer

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in March 2019.

Interview

I had a positive interview experience with APS. My interview panel consisted of 3 individuals who were pleasant and a joy to interact with. I was very nervous at first but they made me feel comfortable. I had a 2nd interview and it went well. There were 2 people interviewing me. I had to submit a paper prior to the interview and do a presentation and more questions for the 2nd one. I am very happy to have had this opportunity. The process stretched me and whether i get the job or not, I am thankful for the opportunity.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was short and to the point. Met at the downtown headquarters and had a one on one interview with one of the managers. Situational and technical questions were both asked during the interview. Nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• Give me 5 pieces of equipment that would be essential to you troubleshooting out in the field, and why?   Answer Question

Budget Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was with five people including the CFO and COO. There was a list of questions they all took turns asking. Take your time and give thought to your answers. Questions included budgeting for charter schools, why one wanted to work for APS, and managing multiple school budgets using the charter school model.

Interview Questions

• I was asked in detail about SPLOST and capital projects.   Answer Question

Math Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I came in through an alternative teacher prep program run by the district. This program no longer exists in the district. It was a rigorous summer training program where we observed and taught summer school for six weeks. We were also in classroom sessions learning content and classroom management skills. We then still had to get certified through GSU.

Negotiation

No negotiation. You enter on step 1 as a first year teacher.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for a brief phone interview. Hiring managers AA contacted me for a face-to-face. I arrived 30 mins early for testing. Testing consisted of drafint an email, creating a spreadsheet and creating a presentation based on a fictional scenario. While the tasks and instructions were clear and easy to follow the amount of time allowed to complete all steps did not seem sufficient.

I was then interviewed by a panel of 3 (Hiring manager and 2 department heads).

Interview lasted approximately 1 hour.

The hiring manager called the next day for a follow up phone screen.

I was offered the job 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• How would you process and organize large quantities of data?   Answer Question

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Panel interviews with similar questions asked and the process took a few hours. The questions did not get to my knowledge. In addition the raters scored the results and may not have know how to do so.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools in June 2016.

Interview

I completed a digital Interview. I received a phone call for an in-person interview two weeks later. Later that same day, I received a phone call saying I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: I do you handle challenging behavior in your classroom?   Answer Question