Atlanta Public Schools Teacher, Elementary School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atlanta Public Schools Teacher, Elementary School Interview Questions

Interviews at Atlanta Public Schools

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

•Wear professional clothing. Remember, the administrator will be assessing your ability to be a role model for students, so look the part.
•Research the school. Visit the school's website to get information about the school's philosophy, mission, academic programs, extracurricular activities, and more. The more you know about the school and the school district, the more likely you'll be able to ask targeted questions to get an idea of what it's like to work there.
•Prepare questions to ask. Come with a list of questions to ask the administrator and others interviewing you.
•Prepare documents to bring. Bring your teacher portfolio as well as an updated cover letter, resume, references, and samples you'd like to leave with the administrator for evaluation.

During the Interview:
•Arrive 10–15 minutes early. It’s better to sit in the lobby than come rushing in, or, worse, arrive late.
•Turn off your cell phone. This is critical.
•Listen carefully. Answer questions using examples based on your experiences in the classroom. If you don't have classroom experience, use relevant examples from other jobs.
•Ask questions. That way, you’ll show you’ve done your homework and that you’re interested. Plus you’ll get a feel for whether the school would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Explain what differentiated instruction means to you. How have you seen it done wrong...how have you seen it done right.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Atlanta Public Schools

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Online HireVue interview. Several questions were asked. Nothing too hard. You were able to practice before actually answering. Several questions I recorded myself answering and one question was a short essay response. At the end of the process it stated someone would contact me from the HR department. I haven't heard anything just yet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the district?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Rigorous, multi- step interview inclusive of panel interview, lesson and essay submission . Fellow teachers and admin sat in on my interview. The standards I was assigned were very complicated , however I made a very engaging lesson making the best out of it.