Atlanta Public Schools School Psychologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Atlanta Public Schools

1 Interview Review

4.0

School Psychologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Atlanta Public Schools in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation to interview within a few weeks (I don't recall exactly how long). The interview was with a panel of three employees (including the director of the department) and included several specific procedural based questions. Required more thinking than the other five or so interviews I've been on in the last several years. The interview panel was friendly and willingly answered my questions. I received a call with an offer to join the district the following day. It was a very painless process and I'm excited to join the district.

Interview Questions

• "Explain how you would respond to a parent request for testing" - [difficult only because of the common disconnect between federal law, state regulations, and the procedures within any given district.]   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - district salary scale for the position of school psychologist based on years of experience and education. Internship year is not credited.