Atlantic Council of the United States Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.5

External Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States (Washington, DC).

Interview

Went in for an interview in DC. I spoke with three different people from the Office of External Relations. They asked me what sort of previous experience did I have with logistics/donor relations/events. They also asked me about various items on my resume.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via. Email w/in a week that they would like me to do an interview. It was left to me to choose if that would be over phone or skype or in person. I choose to go in person as I live in the D.C. area. The interview went really well, of course it helps to know a bit about the company, and your specific center.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's a push to work full time.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I went on the first round of interviews, and it was a very easy and relaxed process. Two Human Resources personnel go over your resume with you and ask you to elaborate on your professional experiences. I didn't get an offer, but I had a pleasant experience with the Atlantic Council based on the interview.

Interview Questions

• Your current job is similar to the one you're applying for. Why are you looking to change jobs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

Had an interview for about 30 minutes with a director of the program. Interviewing over Skype was offered for interviewees not located in the DC area. Was offered an interview about a week after applying online. Was asked only a few questions. The interviewer spent a lot of time talking about the position and the work involved. Was contacted within 2 weeks after the interview to notify me they decided to go with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer questions about yourself and your strengths, what you know about the Atlantic Council, your experience/background, and your specific knowledge relevant to the particular program/department you applied to.   Answer Question

Events Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States.

Interview

Phone Interview for Events Position. I called them and it was myself and three individuals on their events team. They gave me background of what their events team does, and then asked me questions. Interview lasted about an hour and they got back to me in about a week

Deputy Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

I had three interview rounds, via 1-1, group interview, and a final interview with the CEO. I never formally spoke with a Human Resources professional during the interview process. The Atlantic Council is an incredible organization but should enforce stronger Human Resource policies moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Why Atlantic Council over other non-profit think tank organizations?   Answer Question

Web Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States in October 2015.

Interview

It was a brief phone interview. The Interviewers were friendly, and outgoing. Very informal. Mostly talked about resume. The interviewers described their jobs and what the focus of the Web Assistant would be. There really wasn't much more than that.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about two weeks later for an interview. I met with the HR hiring officer and one other person for about an hour in their office. I was not contacted again after that.

Interview Questions

• Asked specifics about how my experience applied to the job. I was told about the position and asked if it would be something I would enjoy doing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was relatively simple and friendly; I was asked questions about my resume and experience. I was interviewed by three people; they each had marked-up copies of my resume and asked their own questions. They took extensive notes. I was asked relatively few broad personality questions (“What is your biggest weakness”) – interview focused very much on what I had written in my resume and cover letter.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with databases?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

Was contacted with an email to arrange an interview about a week after application. Interview was very straightforward lasting around 25-30 minutes. One on one with a member of the department that you applied for. Very conversational and more interested in getting to know you and explaining the department's functions. Unfortunately heard back two weeks later that they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?
      How do you think your experience has prepared you for this internship?
      What are you currently reading? Or what have you recently read that was interesting and applicable to the internship?
      Answer Question