Atlantic Council of the United States Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atlantic Council of the United States Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.4

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted around 30 minutes and was pretty standard. The questions largely revolved around my past experience and there weren't really any questions that were too difficult.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your past experience has prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied in January. They got back to me around May. Interview was short, approx 30 min. Just some fit questions and nothing technical. They asked me about my research experience.

International Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

- 30 minute phone interview
    - The interviewer said that I would hear back within two days but it took 3 weeks and the email I received was not even from the person who interviewed me

Interview Questions

• What is one current news story that you have been following and why is it important?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was via phone (about 30 min) and asked me generic questions. A week later they contacted and told me that they decided to go with a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in prior internships and work? What are some transferable skill sets? What I'm looking to get out of the experience? What are your career goals?   Answer Question

External Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States (Washington, DC).

Interview

Went in for an interview in DC. I spoke with three different people from the Office of External Relations. They asked me what sort of previous experience did I have with logistics/donor relations/events. They also asked me about various items on my resume.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via. Email w/in a week that they would like me to do an interview. It was left to me to choose if that would be over phone or skype or in person. I choose to go in person as I live in the D.C. area. The interview went really well, of course it helps to know a bit about the company, and your specific center.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's a push to work full time.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I went on the first round of interviews, and it was a very easy and relaxed process. Two Human Resources personnel go over your resume with you and ask you to elaborate on your professional experiences. I didn't get an offer, but I had a pleasant experience with the Atlantic Council based on the interview.

Interview Questions

• Your current job is similar to the one you're applying for. Why are you looking to change jobs?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

Had an interview for about 30 minutes with a director of the program. Interviewing over Skype was offered for interviewees not located in the DC area. Was offered an interview about a week after applying online. Was asked only a few questions. The interviewer spent a lot of time talking about the position and the work involved. Was contacted within 2 weeks after the interview to notify me they decided to go with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer questions about yourself and your strengths, what you know about the Atlantic Council, your experience/background, and your specific knowledge relevant to the particular program/department you applied to.   Answer Question

Events Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States.

Interview

Phone Interview for Events Position. I called them and it was myself and three individuals on their events team. They gave me background of what their events team does, and then asked me questions. Interview lasted about an hour and they got back to me in about a week

Deputy Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Atlantic Council of the United States (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

I had three interview rounds, via 1-1, group interview, and a final interview with the CEO. I never formally spoke with a Human Resources professional during the interview process. The Atlantic Council is an incredible organization but should enforce stronger Human Resource policies moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Why Atlantic Council over other non-profit think tank organizations?   Answer Question