Atlas Oil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Billing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlas Oil (Taylor, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

There was a meeting with 2 managers and we just had a conversation... There was very little pressure and both women were very easy to talk to. They were also very knowledgeable about the company.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlas Oil (Taylor, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview with HR then face to face with Department Management. Asked relevant questions for department being hired for. Shown around building - met with other employees. Seemed to be laid back type of office - was surprised at all the negative reviews here although did catch some smirks on employees as I was walking through.

Interview Questions

• How will this internship meet your goals and objectives.   Answer Question

Financial Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Atlas Oil.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter numerous times. Onsite interview was not organized. Company folks did not know who position would report to. Questioned by people within and outside of company. Positioned turned over three times in four years. After, interview agency said company was very interested. Week later got turned down. Reached out to outside agency recruiter for detail. Recruiter would not return emails or phone messages.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected call directly from company to Interview with panel of company staff within 2 hours of call.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atlas Oil (Taylor, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

Talked with their people at a career fair on campus, and then attended their corporate presentation. Got a phone interview a few days later. Interviewer seemed to be a recruiter type, not necessarily working at the company. Questions about how I started my day, work habits, etc. The career fair people talked about their need to create metrics to measure performance and what the customers need. Also, they talked about their entrepreneur culture, driven by the CEO. The CEO doesn't have a college education but has the skills to look for profits opportunities on spreadsheets. Also, the CEO will meet with the new employees and ask them how they would improve or make money for the company. One entrepreneurial example was getting an outside coder to handle data processing to save many steps for a person. This process was done many times by many people a day, and thus saved a lot of time over the company.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Atlas Oil (Taylor, MI) in February 2011.

Interview

Interviews went great but the lack of communication after was HORRIBLE...kept me going for 3 months before I got a final answer.

Position was posted at the end of November, applied online with the personality test approx. 2 weeks after posting went up. Got a call from a great recruiter to set up a time to do a phone interview. Interviewed on the phone for about 45 minutes, went GREAT! Recruiter said I believe you are exactly the type of person we are looking for. She had to take her feedback to the team leader before she could set up a face to face interview, they wanted the position to start at the start of the new year. Set up an interview for beginning of January. The team lead was apparently on vacation for 3 weeks and when he got back he canceled my interview because he was too far behind from being on vacation, which pushed back the start date. finally re-scheduled the face to face interview for 2 weeks later, went GREAT again...sounded like I was the perfect fit for the position and the company. Interviewed with team lead and his boss. I asked when a decision would be made he said max 3 weeks. Told me to call if I hadn't heard from him in 3 weeks. 3 weeks past, I called left message no return call. Attempted to contact recruiter but she was out of the office and her last day was the next day. 4 weeks went by where I didn't hear a word from the company after the great interviews. So I persisted, and contacted the company again to see if they had made a decision yet, finally got though to a new recruiter who had no idea what she was doing. Talked with her on Wednesday, she said YOU'RE STILL BEING CONSIDERED we just have to get a few things figured out we'll have a decision by Friday. Didn't hear another word from them until I got a letter in the mail, 2 weeks later, in MARCH, saying I wasn't the right fit for the company....EXTREMELY CONTRADICTING TO WHAT THEY TOLD ME IN EVERY COMMUNICATION I HAD WITH THE COMPANY. Very disappointing with the lack of communication and lack of action taken by the management especially since they wanted to have the person start at the beginning of January.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions like give an example of a time where you ran into a problem, what actions did you take to fix the problem and what was the outcome.   1 Answer