Atlas Oil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atlas Oil Interview Questions

2.5

N/A Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Atlas Oil.

Interview

Tedious, received many phone calls, asking about my credentials, manager was very indecisive. in person interview was full of irrelevant questions, met with other members of management team to decide if I was a good fit however it was a quick irrelevant meeting which they did not seem to be very engaged in.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlas Oil (Taylor, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview with HR then face to face with Department Management. Asked relevant questions for department being hired for. Shown around building - met with other employees. Seemed to be laid back type of office - was surprised at all the negative reviews here although did catch some smirks on employees as I was walking through.

Interview Questions

• How will this internship meet your goals and objectives.   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Atlas Oil (Taylor, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews were scheduled during the course of the interview process. A personality test is also required but the results are not necessarily used as primary consideration for whether you get the role. A couple of interviews were scheduled with the direct manager.

EVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atlas Oil (Birmingham, MI).

Interview

Lots of bs. Regaled in the corporate bs. Truly, I was misled and even though I read through the information on glassdoor, I thought I could make change. I was wrong.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy if you're good at negotiations. I can tell you, Sam isn't.

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Atlas Oil.

Interview

After a phone interview, I was invited to an in-office interview. During the in office interview, I met with a group panel and 1:1. Their offices are very nice- very modern and they try to show that they are a fun and energetic company. They are also great on pay and their benefits seemed to be ok as well- but comments were made during my interview that matched up with reviews I had read previously and made me seem like it was a job I would be there for the money, but not for a long term career.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any- very unusual as I had been interviewing a lot of places during that time period but they did not. The HR Manager or whatever her title was, was literally taking note ideas, no of me, but of ideas from my experience to use.   Answer Question

Was told it was a very good company- good business but very hard working environment. By hard working, what was meant that it was a difficult environment in the office to get along etc. Asked them about their glass door reviews when I went to interview as they were very bad- and they said they just weren't hiring the right people. Being an HR Professional, I know that happens some of the time. But it can't happen as often as it seemed to with this company or you have the wrong person hiring.

Financial Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Atlas Oil.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter numerous times. Onsite interview was not organized. Company folks did not know who position would report to. Questioned by people within and outside of company. Positioned turned over three times in four years. After, interview agency said company was very interested. Week later got turned down. Reached out to outside agency recruiter for detail. Recruiter would not return emails or phone messages.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected call directly from company to Interview with panel of company staff within 2 hours of call.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Atlas Oil in March 2013.

Interview

Environment was very open and relaxed. HR manager comes in and does a "formal" session. This is just general things such as "if your willing to travel, etc.." Then a possible co-worker comes in and asks more about your experience with the requirements of the position you are applying for. As I remember, there is no guidelines for the questions. We talked a bit about the company and what I would be doing, I gave my experience and that was it. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Atlas Oil.

Interview

This was a lengthy process. I was first contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. I was then called to come in for an interview about a week later. I interviewed with another HR person and 2 managers (one which was my direct report). I then was called to interview with a VP. Pretty basic stuff and each person was very nice. Just a bad company to work for. Pass on this place. The turnover is extremely high. Each person I interviewed with resigned and that was less than a year ago.

Negotiation

They would not budge.

Crude Oil Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlas Oil (Victoria, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Very honest and open about the new paint on they're surface as a company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Atlas Oil (Taylor, MI).

Interview

Very involved process that takes three times longer than it should. I interviewed with six different VPs and Directors via phone, and then had an additional four in-person interviews over a six week period. This gave me the impression that this was a thorough and detailed organization. I discovered later that the lengthy and multiple person interview process was simply due to internal inefficiencies, poor (no) inter-departmental comunication and information sharing, and an very go-through-the motion process on the part of most of the interviewees.

Interview Questions

• None, most of my interviewers went through the motions and simply needed to get this item checked off of their To-Do list. Most of the questions delt with my experience and background - "Have you ever done this/managed that?" This was merely an investigation into how much of their current workload they could pawn off on me after I was hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nickle and dime stuff. I felt like they were trying to get me at the cheapest possible cost. In hindsight, I should have held firmon my saklary expectations and if not met, simply walked away.