Atmel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atmel Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Atmel (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Total 3 on-site interviews because I could not make a whole day interview. People were friendly and understood what they needed. All three were done around 12-2pm. The offer was provided I. A week.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atmel.

Interview

Applied online through Linkedin or Indeed, Don't remember. Got Call from the manager of the team to ask generic questions and tell about the position and duration. After the first round, had 5 rounds of telephonic interview on the same day. Got confirmation 5 mins after the last round from the HR.

Senior VLSI Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atmel in May 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview of 45mins... It was a long tedious phone interview... Very difficult... Because mainly all the questions were telecommunication and networking based and I am an Electrical Engineering student... I tried answering as many questions as I could related to DSP and some telecommunication questions but when the in depth questions started, I was helpless...

Business Planning Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atmel in October 2015.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter for phone screen, scheduled phone interview with hiring manager, hiring manager said he will check if there any other hiring managers that are interested in speaking with me before they fly me in for in person interview, haven't heard from them since then, even after following up twice with HR recruiter, very negative experience...... they should be better in communicating with candidates.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atmel in June 2015.

Interview

I had two phone intervies. One with the manager and the other with crypto apps team. the interview was pretty straigthforward. the total duration of second interview was 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions on embedded concepts like SPI, interrupt, polling and interrupt routine. About my work experience.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Atmel (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Had phone screen by a Director and Manager. Got called in for interview, took most of the day. HR contact was incompetent, called for salary requirements then called again in 48hrs asking for the same info.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to innovate to solve a problem?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Atmel (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

A phone call and a on-site interview. Phone interview was all about a tool for which they wanted me to hire. And on-site interview was with multiple people in the organization including director. It was tough specially with director as he asked few analytical questions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my resume. There were few tricky challenging questions which involved solving with help of probability.   1 Answer
    • If a person has two cars to go to his office; one has probability of working 0.3 and other has probability of working 0.2 then what is probability that he will reach office using those cars.   1 Answer

Corporate Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Atmel (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

They contacted me through email to schedule a phone interview with one of the managers in the accounting department. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. It was typical behavioral questions asked in any interview, nothing out of the ordinary. We had a quite pleasant conversation. I received a rejection email one day later stating that they decided to move on with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you had with working on group projects.   Answer Question

Web Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Atmel (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

- HR contacted me and had phone interview
    - Phone interview with hiring manager
    - In-person with 6 team members (4 hours)
    - They don't contact you to provide closure to the interview process
    - They asked for three references, one has to be a prior manager
    - They also ask to provide your recent pay-stop when they decide to hire you.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager are you? I use emotional intelligent approach, believe in transparency and communication, open door policy and feel that I need ensure that I provide all the tools my employees need to their job.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Atmel.

Interview

A telephone interview from the hiring manager and followed by a on-site interview with 7 engineers. All of these are 45 min technical interviews. Two brief 15min talks with HR and recruiter. Very friendly environment to new grads.

Interview Questions

• About my project of ADC. Some basic questions about MOS devices, current source, mismatch, source follower and op-amp.   1 Answer