Attorney General of Washington State Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Attorney General of Washington State

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Attorney General of Washington State

Law Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Attorney General of Washington State.

Interview

After applying through the online portal and selecting division preferences, I was contacted by attorneys from six divisions to set up an interview. Most of these took place in the downtown Seattle office or on the phone. The interviews were fairly short and straightforward. After the interviews, I believe the divisions rank their preferred clerk candidates and then hold a draft of some kind. I was contacted by the division that chose me in the draft and accepted. If you do not accept the position offered, you cannot accept a position with another division.

Interview Questions

• All interviewers were interested in my commitment to public service.   Answer Question

Assistant Attorney General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Attorney General of Washington State (Olympia, WA).

Interview

The first interview is for "hiring pool" screening. I made it through that round (easy and standard questions) and it took almost six months to be contacted for an interview for an actual position. There is very little choice for positions that come available because they contact those in the hiring pool that they feel will be a good fit. The interview had many normal questions, but they also seemed very interested in how I felt about diversity.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Attorney General of Washington State (Seattle, WA).

Interview

two group interviews

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize multiple assignments from different people?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Pretty straightfoward - state workers have salary ranges

Legal Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Attorney General of Washington State (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a panel interview conducted by the office manager. The atmosphere was relaxed and the questions were pretty standard and read from a list - each panel member read a few questions. The interview process took about a half hour or less and was easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Attorney General's Office?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Attorney General of Washington State (Bellingham, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview panel consisted of five people. Each had their own questions. The questions were nothing too difficult, however it is nerve-wracking to have five people staring in front of you staring intently at you. Prior to the interview, there was a variety of tests that needed to be taken and passed. One of which was a typing class.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this job, what makes you qualified, how do you deal with high work loads, how do you deal with high stress, describe a time when you messed something up and what did you to do to fix it, how well do you work in a team environment, what skills do you bring to the AG's office, what are your long term goals, what are your short term goals, how do handle a difficult co-worker and many more, just cant think of all of them. There were at least 20 questions.   Answer Question

Grants and Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Attorney General of Washington State (Olympia, WA) in March 2019.

Interview

Interview process was typical. Interview panel, round robin of general questions. Second interview with manager was more casual. Very detailed and thorough with explaining directions and instructions.

I was disappointed because they essentially offered me the position and said they were waiting on references. References said they never returned their calls or emails. After unofficially offering me the position they followed up with a generic template email days later stating that they selected someone else. When asked for feedback, they ignored my requests and never responded. I thought the office was professional and the people were very nice, until it came down to the rejection part. They then decided not to address what happened or inform me why they changed their minds.