Au Bon Pain Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2017

1.9

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain.

Interview

Easy interview basically a description of what was wanted from the company they explained to me what I would be doing and made sure that my availability was open and that I would be able to make it to work everyday

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Au Bon Pain

Cashier Interview

Interview

Interview scheduled for 2 pm. I arrived ten minutes early and met with associate manager. Told me she was trying to get rid of slackers, needed s cashier ASAP bc best girl was leaving soon. Had to meet with another manager next week. Offered job, still have to meet with her boss.

Interview Questions

• Are you strictly cashier or are you open?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain.

Interview

Very straightforward. I sat down with a manager in the store, the asked questions about availability, past work experience, ect. I had to fill out some basic paperwork that day. This Au Bon Pon was in a college so they were mostly staffed by students, and I had to give them my class schedule for shift scheduling purposes.

Interview Questions

• What was one way you dealt with a difficult customer in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (Columbus, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume online, got a call within the day for an interview for the next day. Had the first interview on day 1, day 2 was second interview and day 3 was orientation. Started training on day 4 so within a week I was ready for work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We talked about what I was getting paid at that time, how the drive was twice as much as before, what I was willing to except and what he was willing to pay me.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain.

Interview

i had one interview with the store manager, where she explained the work environment and what my job is as the cashier. She gave me an employee book to read through and explained each section carefully and asked if I had any questions, and since she liked my attitude and my previous work experience, I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very professional, you have to dress business formal and come with your resume along with question. I met with the location manager who had worked there fro over 25 years so she was very engaged in presenting the company in a well manner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Au Bon Pain had a new store opening in the Jay St- Metro-tech Area. I received a call from the hiring manager of the store to come in for an interview. It was pretty easy. The manager started the interview with a question completely unrelated to the job I was applying for and I kept the conversation going because I wanted him to think that I had a strong personality. My planned work. We ended up spending almost 15 minutes talking about something that had nothing to do with the interview, but throughout the entire conversation he was observing me and realized that I fit the position he was looking for. I ended up ot getting the job because I was a full-time college student and I didnt meet the hours that he needed works for.

Interview Questions

• He did not ask me any questions about the job, but i overheard him ask another candidate: How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain.

Interview

I met with the manager who hired me on the spot. This was a bit of a biased interview based solely on my appearance but it turned out well and I worked with the company for a year before turning it in for something better

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (New York, NY).

Interview

I went to a hiring seminar, then they asked me to come back on a tuesday at 2:00p.m. On that tuesday, i was suppossed to have another interview, but someone had quit that same day so i was thrust to work immediately.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a bad customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Basically, sat in a table outside waiting. Handshook manager and proceeded to be interviewed on the spot. Asked a few questions awhich were pretty common sense and easy. Next that was it, and I got the job right there.