Au Bon Pain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Au Bon Pain Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2016

2.1

Cashier Interview

Interview

Interview scheduled for 2 pm. I arrived ten minutes early and met with associate manager. Told me she was trying to get rid of slackers, needed s cashier ASAP bc best girl was leaving soon. Had to meet with another manager next week. Offered job, still have to meet with her boss.

Interview Questions

• Are you strictly cashier or are you open?   1 Answer

MA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

That position was not available., So I took the next option..a Cashier. I ask to help out in every department because if there's ever availability, I may be considered. Interview was very short and easy. I gave past experience and once they seen my resume they decided to give me an opportunity

Interview Questions

• How did u here about us and what do you know about the company   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain.

Interview

Very straightforward. I sat down with a manager in the store, the asked questions about availability, past work experience, ect. I had to fill out some basic paperwork that day. This Au Bon Pon was in a college so they were mostly staffed by students, and I had to give them my class schedule for shift scheduling purposes.

Interview Questions

• What was one way you dealt with a difficult customer in the past?   1 Answer

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (State College, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

There was an initial interview with the general manager of the establishment. After the initial interview, I was then interviewed by another manager at another location. Finally, there was a background check done and I received the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward interview. I met the Area Director and he asked pretty general questions regarding management, qualifications, and skills. If they like you they have you take an online test. After taking the test I had a phone interview with the Regional Vice President. He asked very general interview questions and went over the online test results. The next day the Area Director called me back and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• If you could speak with one person who has passed who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what I was currently making and they offered me just a bit more than what I was making. They seemed pretty negotiable at the time but I think its different depending on how much experience you have.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (Providence, RI).

Interview

Interview process was rather easy. I first met with the AM and was called for a second ,interview with the GM. I was given a personality test to answer and was told that I would be hearing back from them. The interview questions were pretty basic

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain.

Interview

Met with the RVP/AD
    took an assessment
    called back and offered position
    talked about salary during interview.
    Very detailed interview, but early in AM interview was at 7AM
    Company now does 2 phase interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (Columbus, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume online, got a call within the day for an interview for the next day. Had the first interview on day 1, day 2 was second interview and day 3 was orientation. Started training on day 4 so within a week I was ready for work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We talked about what I was getting paid at that time, how the drive was twice as much as before, what I was willing to except and what he was willing to pay me.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain.

Interview

i had one interview with the store manager, where she explained the work environment and what my job is as the cashier. She gave me an employee book to read through and explained each section carefully and asked if I had any questions, and since she liked my attitude and my previous work experience, I was hired on the spot.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Au Bon Pain (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had an interview at the airport. Their manager came out to escort me in who was completely not friendly at all. Good thing I have worked at the airport so I know how ignorant some people are but more importantly, how the escorting process worked, otherwise I would have been lost!
    Whom I was supposed to interview with apparently didn't have time for me so sat me with his manager of that store who knew nothing about any of the questions I asked.
    It was a horrible interview process and I didn't get the position for whatever reason. Ironically enough, the manager I spoke with said she really liked me and would like for me to work with her!
    Onto the next..

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a union worker came and handed you a paper, do you read it?   Answer Question