Au Pair in America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Au Pair in America

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simsbury, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Au Pair in America (Simsbury, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Background process, taking my visa, getting a passport, skype interview (3 times), asking about my experience, if I have lived abroad, seeing my english skills, if I can manage with pression, driving skills, I have patient, how do I deal with problems (in general)

Au Pair Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sosnowiec, Silesia (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Au Pair in America (Sosnowiec, Silesia (Poland)) in January 2014.

Interview

Apply on the website, go through background check, doctor's check, interview with the local counselor, your profile is created on the website and families may start contacting you. After both parties agree, you start applying for the visa and agree on the specific date.

Au Pair Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Au Pair in America (Madrid (Spain)) in September 2013.

Interview

Everything was done online, as with any international candidate. First you only talk about the great things of becoming an au pair. Then it is all about paperwork. They all are very friendly when they want to get you.

Interview Questions

• The English personal interview.   1 Answer

I found better agencies to work with that asked me less money and less paperwork before becoming an Au Pair.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Au Pair in America (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in April 2013.

Interview

It is a fun experience; I enjoyed making my application.
    We have to do a video presentation. Letter to future host family and submit pictures.
    We have to present some psychological test and prove our knowledge of English.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an Au Pair?   1 Answer

Au Pair Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zaragoza (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Au Pair in America (Zaragoza (Spain)) in August 2012.

Interview

Almost everything I had to do I could do it by email, though some doubts about visa or paperwork were solved by phone because I could not go to the city were Au Pair in America is in Spain.
    They were very helpful and kind with me and asked the exact questions to get to know me and my goals for the year.

Interview Questions

• Are you planning on continue your studies when you come back home?   1 Answer

Au Pair Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Paz, La Paz (Bolivia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Au Pair in America (La Paz, La Paz (Bolivia)) in March 2012.

Interview

In order to be an au pair there are many requirements. It could be a long process , more if you need to find a family. There are many forms that need to be filled and a background check is required.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with kids?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Depending on the family . First impressions matter

Au Pair Interview

Anonymous Employee in Querétaro, Querétaro (Mexico)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Au Pair in America (Querétaro, Querétaro (Mexico)) in January 2012.

Interview

First, you have to interview face to face with a company agent who is goint to explain the program, benefits, process time, insurance, etc.
    You have to pass several tests such as psychological exam, medical test, driver's licence.
    If you are approved, you make an online profile so the families can see you and reach you if interested. You can get to know them by phone, email or skype interview.
    Once you match with a family, the agent takes over and helps you with your application, visa, flight tickets, etc.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have working with children?   1 Answer