Auction.com Interview Questions in Belmont, CA | Glassdoor

Auction.com Interview Questions in Belmont, CA

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auction.com (Belmont, CA).

Interview

I was referred by a 3rd party recruiter. There was a phone interview and then on-site a couple weeks later. It wasn't that hard if you have work experience. Not much algo back then, but they probably do have now.

Interview Questions

• More practical questions like JavaScript and work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auction.com (Belmont, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter. had a phone interview and an onsite a week later. The next day after the onsite interview, the recruiter called me for the feedbacks.

A/P Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auction.com (Belmont, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Friendly, and easy. I was interviewed by the AP Supervisor and one of the AP employees. They asked questions relevant to the position, my experience and background. They asked questions about myself. They didn't make you feel like you were being grilled like most companies do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auction.com (Belmont, CA).

Interview

The HR person was upbeat and personable. Interview process went quickly. It sounded like a good position. During the meeting with the manager, it became apparent he wanted to have full control of everything down to the smallest detail. I have yet to agree to being micromanaged, but at least I found out in advance of taking the position. What ended the conversation for me was when the manager spoke down heavily about other staff members and their skills, calling them 'idiots', to the point that I could not possibly consider working for the company.

Interview Questions

• Could you limit your skill set to working on a redo of application code?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Auction.com (Belmont, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in person interview. Took three weeks to get an offer. The in person interview took four hours and was seven people. A lot of the people interviewing didn't know enough about the position to ask proper questions.

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Auction.com (Belmont, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process is good. Team and Management is very nice. They have very good estimations on the position.

Manager, Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Auction.com (Belmont, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for the Manager, Market Research position on the company website January 2014. The initial phone call from the recruiter did not occur until March 2014. When I received the phone call, three months later, I was shocked due to thinking someone was already selected for the position. The recruiter was friendly, professional, and provided details on the job. After giving the job details, I was asked "tell me about yourself" and provided information on my background. Due to being on the lower end of the experience requirements, I was not invited to continue the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The interview only contained standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auction.com (Belmont, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Process was good but met a very unprofessional interviewer. Got too personal and was almost dis-respecting. Other 3 interviewers were great and conducted it professionally.

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auction.com (Belmont, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Meet individually with members of the team.
    Meet with the members of the cross functional teams - QA, DBA, Front End, PMs
    Meet with HR
    Finally meet with the VP of engineering
    Offer Came in mail in a week
    Background Check will be done.
    References check

Interview Questions

• Technical on Web Services
      Explain yourself
      Best Work
      Short Term and Long Term goals
      Where you would like to be in 5 years
      Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Auction.com (Belmont, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

3 months and I was already an intern..smh

Interview Questions

Negotiation

3 months