Audible Senior Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Audible Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Audible

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Audible (Newark, NJ) in June 2018.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter who was very to the point from the start of the interview - absolutely no chit chat. I've typically found recruiter interviews to be more conversational, but that's not the Audible way. Expect to be "on" and ready with DETAILED answers to questions from the moment you speak to someone there. The recruiter is not merely vetting you - s/he will grill you.

Other Interview Reviews for Audible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Audible (Newark, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through referral. Within a week I got the call from the HR person. This was basic screening by HR. Within couple of weeks second call was scheduled with the PM team

Second phone call was with another Product Manager from the group. After the interview I was told that they will get back to me. Never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how do you decide what features to add to the product. My answer was, understand customer feedback from different channels of communication. She was stuck on metrics to review. At one point she said to me, can you not give examples that are focused on customer but just metrics that you would track. I was shocked. Seemed like interviewer had no real experience but bookish knowledge,.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Audible (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Very formal and process intensive. Three rounds of phone screens, then an all day on site meeting. All behavioral questions. It is very unnerving when the person you are talking with furiously types away rather than looks at you and engages you in a conversation. There was zero time for me to ask any meaningful questions. I was also asked to respond in writing to two questions prior to the interview. This was easy for me to do, but if I were an engineer or developer, I would be irritated at this. Also, the interview questions never focused on the job specifically.

One of the interviewers came in and announced that it was her eighth day on the job. As we were talking, she told me, "now you are confusing me," and she also told me that she had a law degree. When I looked her up on LinkedIn, I discovered that she does not have a J.D. She also spilled her water all over the conference table and just left it there. Classy!

I do not divulge current salary information, and the recruiter told me "you have to tell me, or you can't come in for an interview." I refused. They brought me in anyway. The application also asked for your DL and SS numbers. There is NO REASON for any employer to collect this information on each person they interview. Do not share this private information with them.

All in all, it was wholly unimpressive. It seemed that I was supposed to be wowed by the fact that they were talking to me.

Interview Questions