Audley Travel Country Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Audley Travel Country Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Audley Travel

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone interview then a Skype and in person interview. Very easy process, if not a little too laid back. Definitely pleasant. Perhaps one of the best interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Sell me a country or place that you love.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation on salary. It's a take it or leave it offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Audley Travel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very intense process! There is first a 30 minute Skype interview with the HR coordinator to give you some background on the company etc and basic sales questions. Next, you fill out a personality exam online prior to the second interview which takes about 15 minutes. Finally, in the 2nd interview, you meet with the Lead HR manager, Regional Sales Manager and Director of Sales for 60-90 minutes of interview questions. Finally, you will do an aptitude and math exam which takes about 30 minutes and do a sample call/ email response to potential clients.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a Skype interview but they did not put in my Sype name correctly and did not give me time to trouble shoot so I was forced to just have a phone interview.

The person giving the interview was very nice however seemed busy and talked very fast.

Interview Questions

• How Would you sell me a vacation to another country? Please do it now as if I am a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Great interview process overall! The recruiters were very nice. Was asked to complete a personality survey online beforehand, a problem solving, math, and writing test onsite. I was offered the job, but then turned it down due to the extreme pay cut, non negotiable base salary (although there was potential for commission).

Interview Questions

• They asked you to sell either a pineapple or a city in two minutes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

First there was a Skype interview that lasted around an hour. The hardest part was you had to sell a pineapple, city, or shoe to them in under too minutes. Then the next round they had me come in for an in person interview that lasted a little under 4 hours. 2 hours were straight questioning they go really in in depth in your travel history, personality, skill sets, customer service abilities etc. After you had to take an aptitude test and followed by a math skills and small writing portion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

The first interview is by phone and the second interview is via Skype if you are not in my case in Boston. The Skype interview was awful since the audio was really poor making it very difficult to understand what they were saying.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult but the 2 interviewers I had gotten were the most unprofessional people I had ever met, they never introduced themselves and ate in in front of me   2 Answers

I can not imagine residing in Boston with the salary they are offering n with no real great benefits to off set the low pay it wasn't worth my time. Also the manners of the interviewers I had gotten which also were their sales managers really turned me off to this company.

Country Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process is a thorough one. I had a phone call interview followed by an in-person interview in Boston (Skype if you're not in Boston). The process is very detailed and you'll meet with more than one person in the process. Everyone has to take a few written tests as well.

All in all, there are a few hoops to jump through to get a job with Audley but in my opinion a good and thorough interview process benefits everyone.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss your sales background and your passion for travel.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

First step was a simple phone interview with HR for basic screening (about a week after I applied), then they had me complete a couple of 15-minute assessments and come in for a much longer interview with a middle manager and a department head about a month later. I got an offer about a week after the full interview.

One thing I learned after accepting the job - everyone at this company is extremely busy, don't worry too much if it takes a couple of weeks to advance to the next step of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell Boston as a destination? Demonstrate your approach.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three steps: phone interview, online questionnaire, and in-person interview. The in person interview consisted of several different parts including a tour of the office, simulated email writing to client, Q & A, and a simulated phone call with a client. It was with a member of HR and a member of the team I was interviewing to join. It lasted about two hours. It was challenging but in a way that made me feel the company had a really good process of choosing highly-qualified individuals. They were extremely kind throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me why I should travel to *insert country here*   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Audley Travel (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process has changed since I was hired in 2015. It was a very intense interview given by three people and it lasted for a few hours. Country and travel knowledge are quizzed as well as sales experience.

Interview Questions

• Sales experience, travel questions, you may have to take a call from within the office for them to hear the types of questions you'd ask a potential traveller   1 Answer