Audubon Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Audubon Engineering Interview Questions

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Audubon Engineering.

Interview

I applied at my career fair and was accepted for an interview. I got a 1 on 1 interview a week later. The guy interviewing me was very nice and I did not feel rushed at all during the interview. Overall, it was a pretty organized process from the initial career fair to the end of the interview.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Audubon Engineering.

Interview

I had five face- to - face interviews with various people over a 30 day period. There were no surprise questions that I encountered. It was straight forward. Each interview lasted between 1.5 - 2 hours.

Associate Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Audubon Engineering (Houston, TX).

Interview

Basically it was a short behavioral interview on campus. I was asked three questions along the lines of Describe your leadership qualities ? Describe a situation when you went above and beyond your work schedule ? However I asked the interviewer that how many positions are available and he said just one

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership qualities ? Describe a situation when you went above and beyond your work schedule ?   Answer Question

Associate Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Audubon Engineering in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through university and had on campus interview. The interviewer was nice enough, and wanted to know when I would be available to work. Asked about a certain software and the extent to which I used it. Asked about the FE exam and I said I wasn't sure if Masters students need to give that, but that I'd write it anyway. Asked my motivations and stuff, general things like that.

A few days later I get a letter from my school's career services detailing a laundry list of issues I had in my interview, like job match, interview skills, knowledge of the company etc. Right after that I got a rejection email. I might sound negative but the fact of the matter is that I have a stellar CGPA at this point. I have three internships under my belt already and I've used that particular software package at school (& pretty good at it) but not in a workplace environment. My guess is these people always want someone with more actual experience but conduct these interviews to cover their bases. This and the fact that I'm not a citizen probably played a role in my not getting the job. I mean, who would want to hire a hard working Masters student from a conflict ridden 3rd world country when you can easily hire a local student at a much lower salary. I'm just trying to claw my way out of obscurity by paying out of state tuition so I can get a decent job... screw me, right?

This company's website looks like it was built to be something awesome but is showing signs of neglect. Not much info out there regarding there projects and such. Reading the reviews on here I guess they're not doing as well as their sister company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Audubon Engineering (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2014.

Interview

I first contacted Audubon through a career fair at my university. I was then invited to be interviewed on campus. After that I was called back about an in-office interview. The on campus and in office interviews were both comfortable and not too stressful. I was asked about AutoCAD knowledge (which I had little of as a sophomore), but was told I would catch on quickly. I was offered a position and then the HR representative didn't contact me again or respond to my thank you email. I received a response months later saying they were not hiring.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Audubon Engineering (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I interviewed once on campus, then twice in the Houston office, once with the head of central engineering and then once with the mechanical engineering department head.

Interview Questions

• What is your 5, 10 and 15 year plan?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I took their offer, there was no negotiation

Engineering Intern/CAD Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Audubon Engineering (Houston, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

One of my neighbors is a drafting supervisor at the company, I met him while cleaning up after hurricane Ike. Described my college degree and talked for a while and he said they could use my help and told me to send him my resume. About a week or two later I had an interview, and was hired a few days prior to that. Very relaxed process over all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you've been in where you had to work as a team to achieve some goal and tell what you got out of the experiance.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation needed, they are a very friendly company, interested in what you have to offer to their design team. They gave me a good offer up front and introduced to to some people. Lots of Louisiana folks but I grew up around them so I fit in.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Audubon Engineering.

Interview

First applied directly to the manager, it took some weeks before they contacted me, although follow-up with him once in a while. Interview with company's manager. Standard interview regarding working experience, jobs done and capabilities. Q&A regarding self-expectation, what target to achieve in the company and opportunities present in the company. Was given tour around the company's office. Manager share what is the company's direction, project will be involved and expectation.