Audubon Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Audubon Society Interview Questions

2.4

Prospect Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Audubon Society (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

A 45-minute, in-person interview at the New York City Audubon Society office. I met with the manager of the research department. We discussed a range of topics, including my previous research experience and knowledge; my ability to manage fast-paced, stressful situations; my interest in environmental issues; my knowledge of the Audubon Society; and my interest in non-profit work.

They asked about my salary expectations at the end of the interview and that seemed to be the sticking point. Ultimately, I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe the various financial and business research sources that I'd used in my previous researcher positions.

They also asked about my level of interest in environmental issues.

They asked about my comfort level in managing numerous research requests simultaneously, with quick ASAP deadlines.
      1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Audubon Society (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview a few months ago. Seemed to go really well but then they went dark. Seems they were very strict on their minimal requirements, which is understandable, though I did think I at least warranted an in-person interview. Either way, a simple no would have helped the process along.

Interview Questions

• Explain your non-profit experience and why you'd be a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Audubon Society (Miami, FL).

Interview

About a week after the application deadline, I received a phone call from the accountant to schedule an in-person interview. At the interview I was asked basic questions regarding my resume and many personality questions. I've had many interviews and so I don't remember much about the interview. It was very conversational. The interviewer was basically telling me about her experience in the company, departmental issues, and what she was looking for in an assistant.

Operations Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Audubon Society.

Interview

They got back to me quickly to schedule a phone interview. A few days after that I went in for an in-person interview. They asked me pretty softball questions and I thought the interview went very well. They never contacted me to tell me I did not get the position and ignored my follow-up email. I would have rated the experience as positive except for that fact.

Interview Questions

• If you had more tasks to do than you had time to do them, what would you do?   Answer Question

Teacher Naturalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Audubon Society (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted shortly after for a phone interview. The interview was friendly, and both the supervisors were present for the conversation. After the interview, I received an offer for the position within a short period time, as the role needed to be filled before the start of summer.

Education Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Audubon Society (Dallas, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

After applying to a job online and being contacted, they conducted two phone interviews, followed by a face-to-face interview. The entire process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• I was asked whether having program enrollment goals would be bothersome for me   1 Answer

Development Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Audubon Society (Washington, DC) in September 2012.

Interview

The first interview was via phone while I was at an airport, going through checkpoints, etc. Hardly the most conducive environment. Second and final interview: a short one, via Skype, with one other employee who was my peer.

Had I met my future supervisor in person, I would not have accepted the position—which, by the way, paid poorly, particularly given the cost of living in DC and the fact that this is a very wealthy "nonprofit." I am now making far more working at small, community-based nonprofit that actually produces results.

Interview Questions

• Can you court donors who subscribe to "Gun and Garden" magazine?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was forced to ask for an extra $5,000/year to help offset the ridiculously low salary.