Aurora Health Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Aurora Health Care (Kenosha, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

Was contacted for interview via email after a month or so for a weekend position for the Urgent Clinic. Phone interview was very pleasant with the HR recruiter. Following the phone interview, I was immediately contacted by the hiring manager for an in person interview for the following week. The in person interview was pleasant as well. I was asked to job shadow the same day. I was offered the job a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• What would your current and past coworkers say about you?   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments. Congratulations and welcome to the team!

Advanced Practice Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aurora Health Care (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the assistant to the hiring manager. I was not contacted by anyone from HR prior to hearing from the assistant. The assistant set up the entire interview. I was not provided any assistance with travel, finding a hotel, or any of my expenses. This isn't necessarily an industry standard for leadership positions, but my previous experiences interviewing for APRN positions included either reimbursement of my mileage or hotel/travel expenses in some way. The interview was multiple sessions spread out over one full day. My interviews went well, I received positive feedback from the interview panels that day. I knew they had another candidate for the job they were going to interview. I received an email soon after my interview asking for my references which I completed. The references process was very strange and included a "contract" that I supposedly drafted to release my references from any repercussions they would experience providing me a reference. Obviously I did not create this contract, but the email sent to my references requesting they fill out my reference says I did. Strange. I received all my references back within a week. But after almost four weeks since my interview with no word, I emailed the HR recruiter assigned to my application. After almost a week of not receiving a reply back to my email, I called and left a voicemail. The following week she emailed me to let me know she had received my initial email (almost two weeks before and that she never responded to at that time) and the interviews were complete. Said she would follow up with the hiring manager and get back to me. Two weeks later with no word, I emailed her to touch base. She called me the following day to say I didn't get the job due solely to lack of experience but that the manager was "very impressed" with me and I should be happy that I was "runner up" for the job. The process was very frustrating and disrespectful of my time. They can see your level of experience on your resume and the interview wouldn't have changed that, so why waste my time in bringing me in for an interview? I took multiple days off work, traveled across states to get there, paid for a hotel, and waited over 6 weeks to get rejected for a job I apparently didn't have enough experience for to begin with.

Clinical Informatics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aurora Health Care (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Two phone interviews and then an in person. The in-person interview consisted of behavioral questions. However, they never got back to me, after saying they would within a week. Followed up, and heard crickets. Aurora's hiring process takes months and provided a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle stressful situations?
      How do I work with patients?
      Mostly behavioral.   Answer Question

Sep 22, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

I apologize you have not gotten feedback. Please feel free to email me directly with your contact information and I will personally look into it for you.
    mary.hudson@aurora.org

Patient Service Representative Interview

Interview

Received an email from recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The interview was mostly behavior type questions and the recruiter was very polite. I was told that my information would be forwarded to the hiring manager who would then call for an in person inteview. Soon after the interview I received two emails stating that Aurora is interested in further consideration and to please email 5 references and education verification. I complied immediately. Unfortunately, I have not received any feedback as if this time. The initial interviewer was very nice and reponsive stating that she would follow up with the hiring manager, however, still silence. I believe it would have been helpful to receive any feedback, whether positive or negative after an applicant put forth a lot of effort into interviewing and providing references.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you provided superior customer service.   Answer Question

Aug 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

I am sorry that you have not heard back yet. The recruiter must have been impressed with you or would not have asked for references. I would suggest you reach out to the recruiter again. Your... More

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aurora Health Care.

Interview

I received a call from the manager to schedule a face to face interview. I attended the interview on a Monday which was then followed by an hour of shadowing. The manager was very nice and so was the rest of the staff. I was then told that they would make a decision and give me a call Friday with an offer or tell me they went with someone else. I never received any call.

Interview Questions

Aurora Health Care Response

Aug 30, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

I am sorry that you have not heard back in a timely manner. If you still haven't hear back, please reach out to the recruiter again. You are welcome to email me (mary.hudson@aurora.org) your name... More

PSR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aurora Health Care.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I was contacted within a week and a half. Scheduled a face to face interview, and scheduled a time and date for background screening and onboarding process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aurora Health Care.

Interview

I was questioned by three members of the facilities department roughly 5 minutes prior to my requested interview time (I had shown up early so this was a pleasant surprise). They were professional and approachable. They went with another applicant but informed me a few days after the interview that I had not been selected which I greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aurora Health Care.

Interview

Applied online then received an email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went very well and the recruiter was very polite. Upon asking when I could expect to hear from them I was immediately offered an in-person interview. After sending a thank you email to the recruiter I actually received a reply. The next week I attended my in-person interview and immediately clicked with the two people interviewing me. After going through the questions they asked if I could stay and do a job shadow. I stayed for it and met the people I would be working with. They were all very nice. I sent thank you emails to the two interviewers and again actually received a response. Two days later I received a phone call extending a formal offer for the position. After that I went in for a physical where they took hair samples for a drug test and I submitted information for a background check.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you provided exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest opportunity for growth? (Weakness)   Answer Question

Rehab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aurora Health Care (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview and then an in person interview. A recruiter reached out to me first for a phone interview and then a manager called me in for an in person interview

Interview Questions

• Asked a bunch of scenario questions for both the phone and in person interview   Answer Question

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aurora Health Care (Green Bay, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was relaxed. I was meeting with a HR member and my direct supervisor. They reviewed my application, which I could tell through personalized questions. They gave me two different options for units to work on that they were currently hiring for, as well as what hours I would like apart from what the online job description said. I was called 3 hours after putting in my application, followed up with a job shadow after my interview, and was called in the next day with the next steps.

Interview Questions

• Describe a troubling event at your previous job and how you overcame it   Answer Question