Austal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

QUality Inspector II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austal (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a recruiter 3weeks later. Did a skype interview a few days later with 2 managers for Quality Inspector.( I live in Houston, Tx) It went well overall.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few behavioral questions and the rest were technical QC questions about welds, PT, Qc measuring instruments.   Answer Question

Compensation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Austal (Mobile, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted 6 weeks after applying by a recruiter by email. All contact was by email and very mechanical. When I was finally called by a live person for a phone interview very basic questions were asked. I was told I was a good choice for this role, asked when i could interview and told a tentative interview date, pending the interviewer's schedule, and promised a call back in a day or two to confirm. After a week i called and emailed the recruiter repeatedly and got no response. Still waiting for any contact 3 months after the initial application.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Austal (Mobile, AL) in September 2015.

Interview

I was called for an interview about 2 weeks after I submitted my resume. The interview went great. I interviewed with a Contracts Manager. After 3 weeks, I emailed HR and they told me they were still interviewing applicants and would let me know either way. Now it has been 5 weeks and I still havent heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions related to Contract Administration and how I handled difficult problems in the past. Very straight forward.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Austal (Mobile, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume on the career website. That next Monday I received a call from HR to schedule first interview that week. The interview was very intense. She drilled me pretty good. That following Monday I received a call that I had made it to the second round. I met with one of the upper management. More informative than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Experience questions
      What do you know about Austal?   Answer Question

Systems Functional Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austal (Mobile, AL) in June 2014.

Interview

First you are interviewed by an Human Resources representative. Then you are intereviewed by a panel of Austal employees within the department. They ask some pertinant questions and then off the wall questions such as "why are sewer grates round" Some of them have the superman complex. Not very impressed with interview process, seemed they already had their candidate picked out and were very disinterested.

Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Austal in November 2009.

Interview

I first applied for posted position on the empolyers website and recieved the automated thank you letter.
    I followed up with a hard copy of my resume and cover letter sent directly to the hiring manager.
    My initial interview went well and it seemed I was on the short list for this potential postion.
    Since my educational backgroung and experience matched what they were looking for I thought that I would get an offer or at least make the second round of interviews.
    I did not recieve an offer nor the polite turn down letter.
    Follow up thank you noted and emails were ignored

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a contract negotiation for a new vendor   1 Answer