Austin Fraser Interview Questions in Reading, UK | Glassdoor

Interviews at Austin Fraser

3.4

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Austin Fraser (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

I had a two stage interview which consisted of an initial 'meet and greet', along with getting to know Peter Hart, the CEO. I was really impressed that the CEO took the time to meet me on both the first and second stage interviews, despite his busy schedule.

My second stage interview consisted of a presentation to the L&D manager, CDO and CEO to showcase my personality and my aspirations within Austin Fraser.

There was also extremely thorough questioning; team fit was clearly an extremely important factor for every employee from day one!

Interview Questions

• How would I go about creating a department within a fast-growing company that didn't previously exist?   1 Answer

Learning and Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Austin Fraser (Reading, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

3 Step interview process which started off with a phone interview with the internal recruitment team, then a face to face interview with the hiring manager, followed by the final stage interview where I created and delivered a training programme to a panel of 4, reviewed a phone conversation and gave feedback and answered further interview questions. The whole process was very friendly and thorough.

Interview Questions

• What feedback would you give to the trainee, based on the phone conversation you have listened to?   Answer Question
    • Have you had experience in classroom based training?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Austin Fraser (Reading, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was initially supposed to be a 2 stage interview, face to face and then presentation/face to face but it ended up being a 4 stage interview (informal chat at the start and one at the end) I liked this a lot as it showed me that they really care about who they employ; not only on ability but also on personality, which explains they have very little staff turnover.

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Austin Fraser (Reading, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a very simple 2 stage process. 1st stage was a lengthy, informal telephone conversation with the internal recruitment team and really went into depth about my work history and what I am looking for. I was then called in for a face to face within 2 days. I had to prepare a presentation and had to present this to the director. This was then followed by a series of questions about billings, work history and what I aspire to be. I was then called back the next day with an offer. All in all a 4 day process from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What have your billings for 2016 been?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin Fraser (Reading, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Constant, friendly contact. I got a great vibe from the company and its people. I loved the methods used as they were vastly different to previous interviews. I took comfort in knowing that AF take their recruitment so seriously as I knew I would not only be working with professionals but people of a decent, friendly nature.

Interview Questions

• How would i cope, coming from a managers position, being asked to do activities and following instructions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Interview

My interview process started when I was contacted by Connie who I initially shut down straight away. After Connie continued to go into more detail about the role and AF as a company I was pleasantly surprised by what she had to say and she gained my interest in a role I would not have normally have considered.

The second stage was a face to face interview with Connie where she went into more detail about the role, the company ethos and the opportunity within the company. I also had an informal chat with JJ who heads up the technology sector. this lasted around 2 hours in total.

After this, the next stage was a face to face interview with Dave and Ben who are the team leads for tech in Thames Valley and London. This enabled me to ask any questions I had about the role and dig a little deeper into what would be required of me. This lasted around 2 hours in total.

My final stage was a short presentation in front of a board of 4. this was around the role and what I had picked up so far in the interview process. We finished with a 3 hour conversation about what the job entailed, my expectations and what I would be expected of me.

I found the whole process to be very professional and everyone I dealt with was very approachable and easy to get on with.

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Austin Fraser (Reading, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

3-stage interview process - telephone interview, face to face interview and presentation. The process at first may come across daunting but all the managers take a good approach to make you feel comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Austin Fraser (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I initially applied via a LinkedIn advert and within 10 mins had a connection request from the Manager which followed by a call from the Internal recruitment manager (5 mins later!). I had my first stage interview within 24 hours, which lasted 4 hours. I found myself instantly wanting to work for the team, and the wider business. You can feel the passion the guys and girls have in the office, and its contagious! Second stage was a presentation, which I felt very prepared for after the weekend, and a brief from Internal recruitment - safe to say it went fairly well.

Overall, the process was great! I was briefed really well and they were very transparent and honest throughout.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to get out of Austin Fraser, should you be successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation, we discussed what my requirements were in the first call/interview and they more than met my needs... if not bettered them with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Austin Fraser (Reading, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I began the interview process by coming in to see one of the companies consultants, she advised me on how the interview process would go and what i would need to do. The information she provided me with was very beneficial for my first interview with my team leader, the interview went very well and a lot of the things i was unsure of were cleared up by him and he then explained what would be expected of me and the role i would be doing, I was then asked back to my final interview where i gave a presentation on myself and got the chance to show who i was to the management. I was then offered the job after that and overall think it was run very smoothly and successfully.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested in knowing my knowledge of the role and what i was like as a person.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Austin Fraser (Reading, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a short telephone interview (20 mins), one main interview (1 hour) then a second interview/coffee/catch-up (45 mins). Both face-to-face meetings were relaxed and welcoming. It was an informal chat rather than a list of scripted questions. We covered a wide range of topics; talking about both myself and wider issues in the HR industry. It was all about how I would fit in to the team and what I am interested in achieving in my career. It was great and I walked away really wanting to work there!

Interview Questions

• There were no scripted questions, just a chat/conversation   1 Answer