Austin ISD Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

2.8

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Special Education Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had substituted at Perez Elementary a few times, and I enjoyed working with the special education staff. One TA recommended me for a full-time position so I applied. I was called by the principal to interview. I went in a week later and was interviewed by a panel of teachers and administration.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what the craziest pair of socks I owned was. I though this was funny, but Perez is a community, and there were many events that teachers participated in. They wanted to see if I would be a goof fit for their community.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had one in-person interview with the team. Very friendly, explained the job and then focused on my experience. Both, the supervisor and team members asked questions, then I had a chance to ask questions about the job. To the point and not overly complicated.

Interview Questions

• What was the most important thing you learned as part of your PMP certification?   1 Answer

AVID Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very friendly with thorough questions and an overall excellent experience. The first part of the interview was a phone screening, followed by a one on one interview, and the last part was group session with prospective hires.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my High School education.   1 Answer
    • They asked about my previous work experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job around July 10, 2015. Principal called me to schedule an interview on July 21. I interviewed 2 days after that and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another job?   1 Answer

Special Education Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, called in for a round table interview with 4-5 other people, including principal of school, teachers and administrators. Interview was comfortable and easy they asked basic questions about interacting with students.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions pertaining to special education students specifically   Answer Question

Community Engagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with a panel interview with 5 different managers. I also had to submit a writing sample and a cover letter demonstrating why I was the best candidate for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Submit online application; Called by school secretary; interview the next day; interview by principal and 2 teachers; questions the same for all applicants and taped to the table.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by the school principal first. The principal asked me come in for an in-person interview. After she thought I could be the best fit for the position. The principal have the whole special education department teachers interview me.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a particular challenging behavior of children with disabilities?   Answer Question

Social Studies Technology Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position, but was contacted only after emailing the coordinator directly. I was asked to complete a district tech plan and bring a few sample lessons. The interview was a panel of 5 people. There were about 7-8 really lengthy questions that were pre-written and taped to the table. I was told I would have 30 minutes to answer all of the questions and share my plan and work samples. If time was available afterwards, I could ask questions. I was told that a decision would be made that day and that I would be contacted early the following week. I had to follow up with them, and send and email. I waited 3 days after they said I would hear, and emailed...it took them another 3 days to respond.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty standard. The issue was they were so multi-layered that each question was actually 2-4.   Answer Question

Dual Language Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

The campus principal and a grade-level team conduct the interview. You're asked about your teaching philosophy. Questions focus on how you measure your students progress, how you communicate with parents, and how you deal with undesirable behaviors in the classroom.