Austin ISD Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had one in-person interview with the team. Very friendly, explained the job and then focused on my experience. Both, the supervisor and team members asked questions, then I had a chance to ask questions about the job. To the point and not overly complicated.

Interview Questions

• What was the most important thing you learned as part of your PMP certification?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job around July 10, 2015. Principal called me to schedule an interview on July 21. I interviewed 2 days after that and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another job?   1 Answer

Special Education Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, called in for a round table interview with 4-5 other people, including principal of school, teachers and administrators. Interview was comfortable and easy they asked basic questions about interacting with students.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions pertaining to special education students specifically   Answer Question

Community Engagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with a panel interview with 5 different managers. I also had to submit a writing sample and a cover letter demonstrating why I was the best candidate for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Submit online application; Called by school secretary; interview the next day; interview by principal and 2 teachers; questions the same for all applicants and taped to the table.

Social Studies Technology Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position, but was contacted only after emailing the coordinator directly. I was asked to complete a district tech plan and bring a few sample lessons. The interview was a panel of 5 people. There were about 7-8 really lengthy questions that were pre-written and taped to the table. I was told I would have 30 minutes to answer all of the questions and share my plan and work samples. If time was available afterwards, I could ask questions. I was told that a decision would be made that day and that I would be contacted early the following week. I had to follow up with them, and send and email. I waited 3 days after they said I would hear, and emailed...it took them another 3 days to respond.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty standard. The issue was they were so multi-layered that each question was actually 2-4.   Answer Question

Dual Language Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

The campus principal and a grade-level team conduct the interview. You're asked about your teaching philosophy. Questions focus on how you measure your students progress, how you communicate with parents, and how you deal with undesirable behaviors in the classroom.

Human Resources Records Section Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Completed online application in response to an ad on their website. Got a call for the first interview with an HR person, and then was invited back to interview with the HR manager. My overall first impression of this office is that no-one smiles or seems happy at all. Very dreary.

Interview Questions

• Had to put in order of importance to me 5 things about my personality.   1 Answer

RTI Specialist for SPED Central Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

The interviewers had me wait for 15 minutues so my total wait time was about 45 minutes. The questions did not really consist of information that would help the interviewers know if I knew about RTI. All but 2 of the people seemed a bit nice, the rest were haughty and condesending. I was even told at one point that for further information I could "read about it on our website." This is by far one of the worst interviews I have had and as sure as they rated me low I am definitely rating their interviewing and people skills as very low!

Interview Questions

• For me with an M.ED in Curriculum and Instruction, classroom teaching experience and expecting to interview based on the job description, I did not expect a classroom management question. It seems slightly ridiculous and I truly wish we could have discussed my research in the actual topic I was interviewing for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. Behavioral questions were asked in a a round table mode. Little feedback was offered during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness.   1 Answer