Austin ISD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Austin ISD

2.7

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy. There is no interview process. I was sent new hire paperwork 3 weeks after I applied for Substitute Teacher and asked to schedule a orientation. During orientation, you'll learn some classroom management skills and procedures and protocols. They'll ask you to bring your sealed college transcripts, driver license, social, etc. the usual documents asked at every job.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had one in-person interview with the team. Very friendly, explained the job and then focused on my experience. Both, the supervisor and team members asked questions, then I had a chance to ask questions about the job. To the point and not overly complicated.

Interview Questions

• What was the most important thing you learned as part of your PMP certification?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD in July 2014.

Interview

Take a basic test, then interview. Everyone was nice and open to your thoughts. Asked basic food labor cost questions and they have a great trainee program that you can get into if you dont have prior management experience. It is a year long if you pass the basic test. The test is over food cup sizes, managerial way of handling things.

Interview Questions

• Why this industry?
      What do you know about inventory/food costs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation they dont have a big budget and you dont get paid much.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted application through the portal online, followed up in person with the principal, met with principal/ team to conduct the interview, received offer from human resources about a week later.

Cafeteria Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview

Submit your application, if you meet the criteria then they call you in for a math and equipment test. If you pass that you are called in for an interview. It is a fairly straightforward one on one interview. You meet with one of the supervisors and they describe the job and ask you questions pertaining to it. If selected, you will begin as a manager trainee where you work with a seasoned manager and take classes.

Interview Questions

• You take a math test first, mainly conversions. Interview questions asked mainly apply to the job. They describe what you will be doing and then ask how your experience can best be served in that position. How do you deal with employee problems? Do you work well with children?   Answer Question

Cafeteria Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview

I only had to interview with once, but there were three people asking questions. I also had to show I could figure out the math to convert a recipe to larger serving sizes.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have with recipe preparation?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time I handled a disagreement between two employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can't negotiate the base hourly amount, but you can get it increased by acquiring and providing proof about your previous years of experience.

Technology Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I was sat down with two admin members in two separate meetings. After passing their interview process, I had to submit to a finger printed federal background check, and then I had to go to the primary AISD administration building and follow through with some paper work, and a few more general questions. I was then officially hired.

Interview Questions

• What are your three greatest strengths, are you experienced with Apple products, are you experienced with PC and laptop repair, how well do you deal with stress and fast working environments, do you understand core computer networking concepts, why do you want to work here, various questions about your opinion on the specific school's culture, etc.   Answer Question

Bilingual Kindergarten Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

I called them on the phone while in Austin & asked if they needed bilingual kdg teachers. The person on the phone said he had a principal looking for one on the other line. He set up an interview for that afternoon & I had a job by 5 pm

Interview Questions

• How did I discipline children and what was my classroom management style.   Answer Question

Dual Language Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

The campus principal and a grade-level team conduct the interview. You're asked about your teaching philosophy. Questions focus on how you measure your students progress, how you communicate with parents, and how you deal with undesirable behaviors in the classroom.

Intervention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I filled out the district's on-line application and indicated my interest in the position, along with several others. I had already passed the required background check and had my teaching certificate. Weeks later, a woman from central office called me and offered me the position, sight unseen, no questions asked. The experience left me with the impression that the district did not really look at what applicants had to offer and attempt to place them where they could do the most good. Perhaps a lot of vetting happened behind the scenes, though.

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.