Austin ISD Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Austin ISD Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Austin ISD

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by the school principal first. The principal asked me come in for an in-person interview. After she thought I could be the best fit for the position. The principal have the whole special education department teachers interview me.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a particular challenging behavior of children with disabilities?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Austin ISD

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview

At a job fair offered a contract. Later, a principal sent an e-mail for an interview. After the interview, Human Resources calls to offer a position. You get an
    envelope and you need to sign paperwork and send it back as soon as possible.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD in March 2014.

Interview

Standard questions you would expect applying for a teaching position. The first school I interviewed with and worked at, based their questions on experience. The second school I was hired at based their questions on how I could specifically work with their special populations.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I had several administrators and the department chair in my interview. Everyone was very friendly and seemed passionate about the workplace and what they had to offer. I felt very comfortable with them right away. I knew it would be a good fit based on the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what a normal day in your classroom would typically look like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

meet the principal, another admin and the department chair of that department. hopefully you've been subbing and have been in that school before. If possible do some subbing and get in touch with the dept. chair - have them on your side, express interest and make yourself visible at the school you want. Interview with other teachers and admins is pretty chill, at least in Austin ISD. Dress professional and go in with some example lessons on paper so you can pass them out along with a few paper copies of your resume.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job around July 10, 2015. Principal called me to schedule an interview on July 21. I interviewed 2 days after that and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview I had was very rushed and awkward. My interviewer forgot that she had my interview, and was double booked. I waited for an extra 30 minutes to start my interview. I suppose the interview itself was OK, just be prepared to be familiarized into what it is like to work for AISD (you're basically a number and pushed to the side).

Interview Questions

• Why do you think your skills from school A would transfer to my school?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would intervene on behalf of one of your students who was failing a general education class.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Very easy interview.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview

applied online called in for a interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. Behavioral questions were asked in a a round table mode. Little feedback was offered during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness.   1 Answer