Australia Post Mail Sorter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Australia Post Mail Sorter Interview Questions

Interviews at Australia Post

1.3

Mail Sorter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Australia Post (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview very informal. Nothing like any other interview I have been to before. The interviewer only asked if i had any previous experience sorting mail or similar. Then went through all the other regular questions. He seemed to dislike his job and I came to understand why.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Australia Post

Mail Sorter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Brisbane (Australia)) in February 2011.

Interview

Telephone interview discussing when I could start the job. Then I had a number of calls from Sydney(?) office asking for more details that I put on my application form. After that I was called in for a panel interview of 2 people and they just asked general questions about standing for a long time, could I do overtime, why do I want this job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?; Are you expected to have holidays in the next 18 months?.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything for the job.

Mail Sorter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia Post (Canberra (Australia)) in November 2011.

Interview

It is extremely difficult to get a reply from the website, so I applied for a number of positions. I was given a phone interview, based on a role as a postal delivery officer.

I was then contacted for psychometric testing. It isn't complicated, as it mainly deals with common sense questions. This is normally when potential staff pass or fail.

There is then a medical at an authorised GP, where they check to make sure you're fit to work, and are not on drugs.

After this, I was informed that the position I applied for was filled, and was told that I was going to be interviewed for a different position at a different facility. I had the interview at a different facility with different managers.

I was then offered the original position, as well as a position at the facility I was interviewed at.

All in all, a very confusing process, but has a high success rate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation phase, but I was initially offered a role, and was then offered a different role at another facility.