Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2018

2.8

Collections Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Interview

Easy process. Cleared Telephone Interview. Invited to complete online assessment. Finally got call a week later to attend behavioral interview. Got an offer within 2 weeks. Smooth process. Overall very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why ANZ?
      Why did you apply for this role?
      What do you expect from ANZ?   Answer Question

Ad Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview

Impressively quick selection process, from application to interview to offer. Interviews were done in quick succession (4 total, including HR initial screening), and the paper offer was made within a week of application. A very efficient process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ANZ?   2 Answers

Trading Interview

Interview

The interviewers were extremely friendly and helpful. They gave me a thorough explanation of the job responsibilities and constantly asked if I had any questions. They made me feel very easy and comfortable throughout the interview and did not ask me any question that was tricky. I really enjoyed the interviewing process.

Corporate Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview

Easy. Interviews were very laid back. Couple of behavior and technical questions. Interviewed with associate directors. 1st round with HR. Hear back within 1 week. Just be yourself. If you do not know an answer to a technical question, let them know and ask whether you can email them the answer later.

Interview Questions

• Why ANZ? Why Corporate banking? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (India, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of technical. They explained about the process and the day to day work they perform.
    & 1 round of HR. HR round was not face to face. He just called me to discuss on the salary. I got 50% hike on my salary(Which is quite good)

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to see in next 5 years   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview

I first had a phone interview. They asked me some behavioral questions. The next step was group interview. They did not tell me that it was a group interview on the phone. when I entered the interview room, three other candidates were there and I was embarrassed. I think you guys need to prepare for the group interview.

Analyst, Institutional Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (India, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was divided into 3 elimination rounds.
    Round 1: A short written test of 15 questions which tested basic finance aptitude.
    Round 2: Shortlisted candidates were given a case study on a sick company for which they had 1.5 hours.
    Round 3: Panel interview wherein the candidates were tested on in-depth knowledge of finance.The interview was quite tough.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference in the treatment of retained earnings for an LLC & PLC?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in May 2011.

Interview

Hiring took almost 2 weeks, and the Interview process went on well.

Interview Questions

• Just prepare for the basics virtualization questions and you will get through the interview   Answer Question

Client Onboarding Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by head of HR then the head of the department and then head of the business. Process took about 3-4 hours over 2 separate visits. They asked me mostly behavioral and general aptitude questons. As this was a fairly new department there was not a whole lot of technical questions but the interviewers seemed down to earth and friendly yet professional.

Interview Questions

• a difficult situation I have been in and how do I deal with conflict   1 Answer

Negotiation

very open I think I came in near what they expected market to be for the role. A verbal offer was made and then within a few days a formal letter was received which was signed and sent back. Process was very smooth

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Introduction first, then case study in separated group. The first case is about survival on an isolated island, the other is about to choose suitable ANZ product to particular clients.