Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

Analyst, Institutional Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (India, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was divided into 3 elimination rounds.
    Round 1: A short written test of 15 questions which tested basic finance aptitude.
    Round 2: Shortlisted candidates were given a case study on a sick company for which they had 1.5 hours.
    Round 3: Panel interview wherein the candidates were tested on in-depth knowledge of finance.The interview was quite tough.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference in the treatment of retained earnings for an LLC & PLC?   Answer Question

Senior Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in May 2017.

Interview

Submit resume on ANZ career website, after around 2 weeks I had received a online assessment. Phone call, then a face to face interview in ANZ center. You will be surprised how many people compete for one position.

Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

1.aptitude test
    2.email writing
    3.group discussion
    4.hr round
    5.Manager round
    Its complete a shortlist process in d first round. They will give aptitude test for 30 minutes.
    I have cleared all d rounds
    Still awaiting for d call from them

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Lucia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Saint Lucia (Australia)) in December 2016.

Interview

Online test was very easy , just customers service related questions , some behavioral questions , phone interview about 20 minutes basic questions and then personal interview with HR and branch manager at UQ branch,St.Lucia Brisbane. Process went smoothly. Interview went over 45 minutes.If you are non white then you have very slim chances to get the job . I am an MBA graduate and even after completing all the assessments I am still unable to impress them because I don't meet skin color standards. Would not recommend this company to any non whites, Especially in Queensland

Paralegal Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position. Received a call the next day from recruitment but did not leave a voicemail. Called the number back and it redirected to the general ANZ switchboard who were very helpful but advised that recruitment is based offshore and it wasn't possible to track down who called me. Received another call the next day which luckily I was in a position to answer, so arranged to have the offshore recruitment team contact me in the afternoon for a phone interview. Only problem is, they never rang back. Managed to track down the person who called me via the once again very helpful ANZ switchboard and emailed them to see if they'd like to arrange another time to suit them. The recruiter emailed back saying that a phone interview wasn't needed and my details would be passed along to the onshore recruiter for a face-to-face interview. Never heard anything more and received a 'thanks for applying' auto-generated email a few weeks ago.

What a terrible experience. If this is commonplace, I can only imagine how much talent ANZ is missing out on or turning away because of it.

Interview Questions

• Any question at all would've been a start.   1 Answer

Executive Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2016.

Interview

Feedback about the phone interview before the interviews with General Managers. This was for a technical and IT related position.The phone interview was done with the recruitment manager and didn't get into technical details. The main gold of the hiring manager was to understand if my experience match the requirements for this position.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

I got a call regarding vacancies
    The first round will be group discussion or aptitude after clearing this 2 rounds they will give e mail writing ,after clearing all the above rounds U will have hr and manegerial rounds after that and I'll get a call if you are selected

Interview Questions

• Well I don't remember questions but mine was b.Com based do they asked questions relating to accounts and finance   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

screening and face to face interview...screening had aptitude and email writing...then 3 weeks later they mailed for face to face interview...the interview was 30 minutes long...they asked questions related to the profile...the interviw was hasslefree

Finance Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Attended walk in of ANZ Bangalore(Aug 2016 ).
    1st round was GD, were we have to speak on any topic for 1 min.
    2nd round was aptitude, which was easy to clear,
    3rd round was written assessment,which includes mail writing(giving reply to client's
    & then ops & Hr Round..
    It was a whole day process.
    I have given the 3rd round..
    They will call me next week for further rounds.
    waiting for their call..hope they will call..

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

process was very long,it was 7 to 8 rounds for selection.GD, email writing,versant test,HR, Accounting basic question test and manager round.i cleared all rounds and they said they will call me for further process but they did not call.it takes 3 weeks to complete that interview and long wait for next rounds.overall they prefer first come first serve,in 3 or 4 days of walk in if you attending it 2nd or 3rd day so its not worth.try to take any referral for that job.