Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst, Institutional Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (India, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was divided into 3 elimination rounds.
    Round 1: A short written test of 15 questions which tested basic finance aptitude.
    Round 2: Shortlisted candidates were given a case study on a sick company for which they had 1.5 hours.
    Round 3: Panel interview wherein the candidates were tested on in-depth knowledge of finance.The interview was quite tough.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference in the treatment of retained earnings for an LLC & PLC?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview

The interview included Basic educational details, technical questions,guess estimates questions. Also, the normal questions every interviewer ask the expected salary and are you ready to relocate.
    Questions related to Internship and projected was also a part of interview.

Interview Questions

• I have a camera with so n so mega pixel. what would be guess estimate that this no of camera I can sell   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Very unprofessional! A recruiter from ANZ contacted me directly about an open role. I found the position interesting and applied for the same. The recruiter then sent an email with a link for an online test and a confirmed time for the face-to-face interview. When I reached the office for the interview, the two interviewers did not even have a copy of my resume and said they do not have sufficient information about me. I wonder how the shortlisting was done even without going through my profile!

After the interview, I was told that an update would be provided the next week but never received the same. After waiting for a few weeks, I wrote to HR asking for the same and they came back to me saying that I did not make it to the next round.

My advice to ANZ HR: Please respect your candidates' time. I felt there was no sync between HR and the hiring managers. I expected much more professionalism from such a large corporate.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

Was a bit surprised to see that they were taking GD, Aptitude tests , email writing tests for experienced candidates also. Even if you are experienced having referral from the company you would be treated equally with freshers coming for walk-in. So experienced candidates be thorough with aptitude especially because the aptitude is of an average difficulty level, you need to brush up yourself.

Interview Questions

• GD- any topic of your wish
      Aptitude test- Cost price, Data interpretation, Diagrammatic- squares, triangles, cubes and dices, clocks, blood relationship, number series, logical reasoning, direction.
      Email writing
      Voice assessment
      HR
      Hiring Manager   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2017.

Interview

Initialy I had a casual interview with the branch manger , she asked about the work history and availability? Then had the fomal interview with the branch manager and another manager, it was casual but professional.

Interview Questions

• An occasion you act as an active member? How would you responded to a change. How would you introduce new digital product to a customer?   Answer Question

Client Onboarding Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied through ANZ Careers website and was very quickly contacted by the current role holder and the HR rep for a quick interview. This was quickly done, however, no feedback or even a note to inform me I have been unsuccessful. I contacted the current role holder politely asking for feedback, she has ignored my email.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle constant and conflicting priorities   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview

Had a phone interview which went well. Was then sent an online test which was very difficult. Didn't even get a chance to have a face to face interview because they based my skills from the online test so did not allow me to progress further even though I have a lot of call centre/customer service experience. It's pretty unfair they base their applicants from an online test. Could imagine how many good applicants they have turned down based on that.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview

To begin with the HR came @10am while the candidates were present at the venue before 9:30am.
    The 1st round is aptitude
    The 2nd one is email writing (important)
    The 3rs round is a voice versant (communication check)
    4th- ops round
    HR finally I guess
    If you get a call from Bangalore software services (client of ANZ) then please don't attend the interview @ ANZ. The kind of confusion within the HR/recruiting team is literally insane.
    Not sure if the HR's come for recruiting candidates or other fun activities. They are literally in their own world at times. Both the HR's are females.

Interview Questions

• are you ready for 6 months contract?   1 Answer

Agile Coach/Squad Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2017.

Interview

This was part of ANZ's agile team augmentation of their Ne Ways of Working #NWoW program, Initial screening by outside recruiter, followed by interview with HR and the Boston Consulting Group BCS leader.

Interview Questions

• Q) Why do you want to work for ANZ and why this role?   Answer Question
    • Q) What motivates you at work?   Answer Question
    • Q) What is NWoW and the Vision   Answer Question
    • Q) Why do you think you would be successful in the squad coach role?   Answer Question
    • Q) What things would you need to learn to be better at the Squad coach role?   Answer Question
    • Q) What are the important things you will need to ensure you get right in the first month?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for an analyst role on the basis of my friend's referral, interview consisted of 4 rounds on day 1 and subsequent rounds of interview were held in the coming weeks with a gap of atleast a fortnight between the rounds. I have attended nearly 6-7 rounds of interview and I am yet to know my status.