Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

On the first day the recruiting team gives a test and a GD
    on the 2nd day of interview there is a BLUPAS round which tests your english knowledge and typing speed, face 2 face round where situations or story completion will be given and then a final round of interview with managers of the department they might hire you for.

Interview Questions

• Explain the different types of accounts provided by a bank   Answer Question

Ad Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview

Impressively quick selection process, from application to interview to offer. Interviews were done in quick succession (4 total, including HR initial screening), and the paper offer was made within a week of application. A very efficient process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ANZ?   1 Answer

Credit Assessment Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Aptitude & written assement test followed by voice test and personal interview
    Aptitude test was little difficult and managing time was important as the time give is less
    Voice test is quite sime they ask you to read a paragraph and speak on topiv for sometime
    Personal interview was c.v based and nothing technical
    The process was very well managed, short and crisp

Interview Questions

• Why do you want shift from engineering to credit assessment   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you weren't able to understand something in the training   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Executive Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2016.

Interview

Feedback about the phone interview before the interviews with General Managers. This was for a technical and IT related position.The phone interview was done with the recruitment manager and didn't get into technical details. The main gold of the hiring manager was to understand if my experience match the requirements for this position.

Paralegal Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position. Received a call the next day from recruitment but did not leave a voicemail. Called the number back and it redirected to the general ANZ switchboard who were very helpful but advised that recruitment is based offshore and it wasn't possible to track down who called me. Received another call the next day which luckily I was in a position to answer, so arranged to have the offshore recruitment team contact me in the afternoon for a phone interview. Only problem is, they never rang back. Managed to track down the person who called me via the once again very helpful ANZ switchboard and emailed them to see if they'd like to arrange another time to suit them. The recruiter emailed back saying that a phone interview wasn't needed and my details would be passed along to the onshore recruiter for a face-to-face interview. Never heard anything more and received a 'thanks for applying' auto-generated email a few weeks ago.

What a terrible experience. If this is commonplace, I can only imagine how much talent ANZ is missing out on or turning away because of it.

Interview Questions

• Any question at all would've been a start.   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Seriuosly very slow process...
    they called for first round and it took 3 hours

They gave the result after one month and gave the confirmation that you are selected.

after that they gave the joining after 3 months

thats very pathetic actually and time wasting

and moreover when you are selected you get the contract for 6 months only

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

1. Aptitude test (Simple aptitude no much preparation is required)
    2. Voice and accent (Just basic English is enough, its conducted for every employees)
    3. Email writing (Scenario based)
    4. HR round (Discussion about shift timings, cabs, fecilties, salary, etc..)
    5. Managerial round (General questions to check the candidate's potential)

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can contribute to the growth of the company from here(India) as the Bank is located in Australia and New Zealand?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2016.

Interview

2 round interviews and a psychometric test. First interview focus on technical competency, second focus on culture, behaviour, psychometric test is quick and easy. It depends on individual hiring manager to decide what questions to ask, I have 3 managers interview me in first round! 2 in second round.

Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chengdu, Sichuan (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Chengdu, Sichuan (China)) in May 2015.

Interview

Long and tough. but never applied to the work.
    Past project management experience.
    Loyalty test which shook me because I've never experienced that as an IT staff. So try to be honest if you really want to get this job.

Interview Questions

• situational questions in terms of project management, problem solving   1 Answer

Credit Assessment Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

the interview process was good there were rounds like aptitude followed by language (verbal communication test) than final interview with hr. All the processes are quite easy . the only thing they see in a candidate is his attitude towards the work .so it was a well balanced beautifully conducted interview where there emphasize is to check whether the candidate deserves this role or not

Negotiation