Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.8

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Wellington (New Zealand)) in October 2017.

Interview

Had an interview with the NZ contact centre for a Personal Banker position. The interview went for a total of 2.5 hours. The process was introductions and an outline of the position, a role play with one of the assessors pretending to be on the phone, behavioural questions (using the STAR method), and a group role play at the end.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

Casual interview with very basics questions asked. Both parties took it lightly since it was an unpaid internship. Most of the questions were behavioural. They were new to many technologies I mentioned I' proficient in. Totally uncool.

Interview Questions

• Asked about an academic project I'm proud of?   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It took almost 2months..it was good interview.. mostly they want see Ur interest and intent..also they want to see how you did in your last job .and how much good u were..also they will ask u most questions related to that..also they will want to know about how much you know about Anz and the role you are applying for..

Interview Questions

• What do u did in Ur last role..   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasir Panjang (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Pasir Panjang (Singapore)) in October 2013.

Interview

Average level of difficulty questions - mixture of behavourial and skills based questions. Interview process was friendly and straight forward - using STAR approach, which is adopted by the Group level

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kampong Kual (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Kampong Kual (Malaysia)) in January 2015.

Interview

process started soon after applying. good feedback. good follow up. delayed results. but good overall. process started soon after applying. good feedback. good follow up. delayed results. but good overall

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking.

Interview

1) Applied online
    Typical CV upload but with around three personal/achievement short paragrah type questions. Things like "Why do you want to work for ANZ" etc.
    2) Did psychometric tests online
    Includes maths and a simulated situational one
    3)Invited to assessment centre
    Networked with managers, worked on a 20 min case study individually, finished with interview with 2 managers

Overall, i liked the interview process despite not getting an offer. The whole process took less than a month and there was plenty of emails to keep you in the loop each stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• What personal goals have you set for yourself and what have you done so far to help you achieve them?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

There were total of 5 rounds.1st was to speak on a topic of our choice for 10 minutes.
    2nd round was aptitude test and reasoning. 3rd was Email writing. Candidates were asked to write emails for certain tasks.
    4. Voice round to check the communication ability of candidate.
    5. HR Round

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your academic project   1 Answer

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Interview

Interviewed with two assistant managers, they took turns asking those behavioural questions, very laid back interview, they are quite straightforward and took notes my answers. Keep in mind backing up your answers with solid examples using STAR on each questions. The questions mostly can be found online. Be prepared.

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

Group interview with a recruiter, line manager and department manager. Fairly relaxed, people mostly from customer service backgrounds or recent/soon to be uni grads. Briefly introduce self in front of group and why we are good for the position. Taken on tour of the office before one on one behavioural interview (very standard questions, not taken very strictly).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you learned a new program or system, how would you go about teaching this to somebody else   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Brisbane (Australia)) in July 2015.

Interview

The Interview was done through a Recruitment Agency. It tests basic numerical skills and comprehension skills. There were general behavioural interview questions. The hiring process was very short and straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• What challenges did you face and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question