Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Australia and New Zealand Banking Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.8

Teller Interview

Interview

Do some research and practice before the interview. Before answer the questions you need to think about it and try to give an example from your past work experience. It will be really helpful.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Had to do the general online tests before face to face interview with the branch manager and assistant branch manager. Interview was smooth, mainly about previous sales and customer service experience. Other than that was the general why do you want to work for ANZ/ in a bank, your career goal, etc. Set of questions to answer but mostly you just have to tell the truth and relate to past experience. The whole interview went for about 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you manage your own KPIs and how do you feel working in a more competitive, sales driven environment.   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking in June 2016.

Interview

First I applied online and then completed the online testing. I had a phone interview about a week later. Then one week after that I had a face to face interview with two people. One of them made me feel nervous and he wasn't friendly or approachable. I didn't get the job but I was withdrawing my application also.

Interview Questions

• Well me about Kpi's and explain to me step by step how you go about Kpi's   Answer Question
    • Would I mind ringing people when it's quiet. Similar to telemarketing   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fyshwick (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Fyshwick (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

online assessment, Received a call from Melbourne recruitment office for a phone interview.It took 15 mins to done the phone interview. Make sure you find a quite place and be prepared to given example for each question.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

There was an online test first then got a phone call from the HR asking about my experience and willingness about the position. Week after I got a call from the branch manager to have an face to face interview with her. Interview questions were about my previous work experience within the sales and target driven environment, some behavioural questions and my future goals in ANZ. The interview lasted about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to quickly adjust your work priorities for the changing demand?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Seriuosly very slow process...
    they called for first round and it took 3 hours

They gave the result after one month and gave the confirmation that you are selected.

after that they gave the joining after 3 months

thats very pathetic actually and time wasting

and moreover when you are selected you get the contract for 6 months only

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

First round - aptitude test
    second round - hr round and group discussion
    Final round- manager round.

Interview was very easy, they just asked questions related to debit and credit.
    Also, about the banking products and services, Background of company, present CEO, the services it offers.

Interview Questions

• Accounting basics and banking products   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

The first interview is a one on one interview with your direct superior level manager. A number of behavioural questions are asked. But the tell me about yourself question is asked at the beginning, which allows you to explain how your career has aligned you to this position. A personal interview with a lot of explanation about the company and processes. Be prepared and show confidence.

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakleigh (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Oakleigh (Australia)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, online quiz followed by a phone interview and finally a face to face interview in the branch (Oakleigh). The interviews came across as a bit rude and unprofessional for managers in a major bank, they didn't offer any water prior to the beginning of the interview and they only introduced themselves by first names they didn't even tell me their role in the branch. They asked the usual STAR questions that every bank asks as well as a few questions in regards to their values, such as diversity. The interviewers seemed to have judged me from the beginning of the interview based on where i lived and projected that tone throughout the interview. Although i was unsuccessful in obtaining an offer i would have promptly turned it down.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when Diversity and includence was effectively implemented or failed in you previous experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Australia and New Zealand Banking (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

4 rounds of interview. 1st is a aptitude test and then written and voice assessment and then the hr round after which is operations round. Pretty easy to get through all the rounds. They just ask you about shift timings salary expectations and ask about your background. They also ask a scenario based question.