Australian Department of Veterans’ Affairs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Australian Department of Veterans’ Affairs

Associate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Australian Department of Veterans’ Affairs (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewers read from a list of questions that were prepared in advance. It lasted about 6 minutes. There were three judges on the panel. The questions were not difficult.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this job.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Australian Department of Veterans’ Affairs in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on Tuesday and was offered the job on Thursday. I was asked to start the position the following Monday, 11 days from the offer date. The short notice was because if I was not on the pay roll by a specific date they would lose the money.

Interview Questions

• We focus a lot on output. Which is more important quality or output?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you disagreed with your supervisor? What was the disagreement about and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What would you co-workers and supervisor say that you need to work on?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Peer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Australian Department of Veterans’ Affairs (West Haven, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

Board of three employees ask a pre-determined list of questions. Most questions pertained to requirements of being in recovery for substance abuse/mental health for over one year. They did not ask private questions in regards to this requirement but did ask the timeframe that I had been in recovery.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if you saw a Veteran walking to the hospital in inclement weather?   Answer Question

Mail Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Department of Veterans’ Affairs (Gainesville, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was panel based. Each panel member asked a series of 5 questions a piece. Then the panel asked me if I had any questions or concerns for them.

Interview Questions

• What can I do for the company?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Australian Department of Veterans’ Affairs.

Interview

Online application with normal selection criteria questions, psychometric testing then and online interview and an assessment centre involving a presentation, interview, group task and written task. The written task was out of left field but everything else was pretty standard for graduate positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you developed/spearheaded a project and what did you learn.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Department of Veterans’ Affairs.

Interview

I applied online, as part of the usual graduate process. First, I had to complete the online application and answer selection criteria. I was then progressed to psychometric testing phase. After this, I had a phone screen interview and was progressed to the Assessment Centre. AC had 4 people in total, and included a group activity, individual presentation (that was given a week before to prepare based on a topic), written assessment and one on one interview with managers. Very structured and well run.