Auth0 Digital Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auth0 (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interesting interview process. Their "startup"-ness really showed in that there were plenty of smart-to-brilliant people met along the way, but very little process to drive the interviews forward.

The interview process started with the hiring manager, who walked through the role's responsibilities. Lots of questions regarding technical aptitude, general approach to work, past issues encountered and overcome, and some questions that clearly were designed to assess cultural fit. None of the questions asked were simple, but they were the right questions that needed asking.

After that interview, it was on to a series of one-on-one interviews with 4 members of the marketing team over the course of around 2 weeks. This is where the lack of process showed. I was essentially handed emails by the hiring manager, and asked to schedule these meetings on my own. This was a pain because, of course it was. Part of me thought it was a test of follow up ability, but given the amount of rescheduling I had to do with several team members, I think it was ultimately an issue of a lack of hiring process on their part.

Interviews with those team members were similar to the interview with the hiring manager, aside from the fact that they all asked remarkably pointed questions that did not always pertain to the role as described by the hiring manager. It was clear at the end of the interview process that what some team members valued, others did not. By the sixth video interview in 2 weeks, I'd honestly gotten a little tired of trying to identify their core values when it came to digital marketing, and decided to speak fairly candidly on how I thought the role should operate.

It appears that approach ultimately sunk my chances at consideration. Feedback I got from their outsourced recruiter indicated that at least one interviewer felt that I failed to understand the core tenets of the role, and that it was clear I wasn't well versed in the skills needed to execute on that role. Obviously some concepts were lost in translation during this marathon hiring process, but ultimately I understood where they were coming from.

Despite what felt like a great conversation with the hiring manager, I never heard back from anyone but the recruiter (not super unusual), but the feedback was a confirmation that it was perhaps not the smartest role to step into... there were a lot of cooks in that particular kitchen, and it would have been a tough process to succeed in this role.

Interview Questions

• How do you set up and manage lead generation campaigns on different acquisition platforms, and what are the key performance indicators you look for on each platform?   Answer Question