Author Solutions Publishing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 25, 2017

2.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in-person interview. From start to finish the interview process took about 2 weeks. I was offered the job shortly after the in-person interview. The initial phone interview was a bit nerve wracking. There were the typical questions going over my resume and elaborating on any particulars that needed further clarification. The in-person interview was a much smoother process. I interviewed with one in person manager and 3 individuals on a speaker phone.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Author Solutions

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

very well structured, they had a welcoming demeanor and it was a comfortable process to stay the least. it was about 45 minutes long, at first I was nervous but after a while I felt very comfortable and was confident that they would lead me for success

Interview Questions

• what are three of your strengths   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process was messy at the time I was hired but I believe has since been greatly improved upon. My initial interviewer was wonderful; professional, kind, and asked pertinent questions. The two individuals who conducted the second interview were sloppy, aloof, and at first had no idea what position they were interviewing me for. They have since been let go.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable sitting in a cubicle all day while making over 60 calls and speaking to authors for over 3 hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Bloomington, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Two separate interviews:

First interview went exceptionally well due to my interviewer who happened to be my eventual manager

Second interview went poorly due to interviewer (who was upper mgmt), who was eventually let go for incompetence

You don't have to have a great deal of experience to be hired for this job

Publishing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cebu City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Cebu City (Philippines)) in July 2017.

Interview

Sane. Some information omitted that would help employees do critical thinking on the company. The HR contact will provide you details to emphasize on your actual interview, so that helps.

Publishing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cebu City (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Author Solutions (Cebu City (Philippines)) in September 2013.

Interview

Answer questions accurately and clearly .

Interview Questions

• None. Interviewers will ask you sensible questions. Remember, these are intellectual people.   1 Answer

Publishing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Author Solutions in December 2011.

Interview

I prepared with a list of questions they might ask me, as well as a list of questions for the interviewer. The interview went very well. She asked me to describe myself using one word, I said "honest". She explained the process of training and job expectations.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your former employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Have a list of questions ready. Be ready for questions they may ask you, such as the following. Why do you think you would make a good match for this position?

Publishing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Author Solutions in October 2008.

Interview

This interview consisted of two 1 hour interviews with the sales manager and VP of sales. A knowledge of sales, a history of success, and a willingness to adjust to an ever changing comssion structure.

Interview Questions

• Are these sales figures true? I see a lot of BS.   1 Answer

Publishing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Cebu (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Author Solutions (New Cebu (Philippines)) in January 2008.

Interview

2 HR Interviews, 1 Manager Interview. I applied in the morning, but I was asked to come back in the evening so I can speak w/ the Department Manager. It did take some time to finish the whole process but at least it did not take more than a day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation