Auto Club of Southern California Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Insurance Sales Agent

Auto Club of Southern California Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Auto Club of Southern California

3.3

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview

On line application; online test, few people pass the test, but if you do, then a panel interview with role playing of sales. Depending on the managers that are there, you may get an offer, may not. You can apply again in 90 days. If you come on strong about not caring about how many hours or phone calls it takes, they will probably make you an offer. Then, no matter where you live, you have to go to training in Long Beach for 3 months, Costa Mesa for one month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating; you can't even pick what office you want to be in. Good luck figuring out the pay plan of full commission. It is punitive and you have no book of business. You have to earn your vacation money based on how many sales you have a quarter. Take the time off for a vacation, your sales go down, and you do not get the money for next quarter. No quality of life with this job....work every other Saturday to boot.

Other Interview Reviews for Auto Club of Southern California

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Told by the recruiter that my interview was at 10am sharp, wear a suit and tie and bring 2 copies of my resume. Arrived at 9:45am to find 10 other people sitting there waiting for their 10am interview also. Called 1 by 1 for interview which lasted about 30 minutes. Total waiting time was over 4 hours with no notification! Some of us were on breaks from our current jobs for this interview. Some people had to wait even longer than 4 hours.
    (Unprofessional indicator number 1).
    Spoke with 2 Branch Managers who teamed up to ask you question after question. Some questions were professional and some completely not. Some questions were meant to see your reaction and ability to deal with a difficult or inappropriate question. This is a sales job so these types of reactionary questions can be expected. Poor grammar and uneducated people conducting the interview.
    (Unprofessional indicator number 2.)
    Waiting area is a modified cubicle with broken, dirty, old chairs in a line against a wall. While waiting you have a decent amount of time to look around and see the old beat up office and lack of money spent to portray a professional appearance of an "industry leader." Some people waiting for their interview discussed this and decided to leave prior to their interview. This was not just the waiting area, this was the entire office. Very low budget appearance for a company that makes so much money.

Interview Questions

• "We don't think you gonna be a good fit in this job but we are willing to let you give it a try, will you work super hard to make sure you don't embarrass us?"   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview

interviewed by two managers, its important to be confidant with your answers. This is a extremely Sales driven job. So your answers should reflect someone who is hungry to close sales.

Interview Questions

• How much money to you expect to make here? How would you go about achieving that goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I took a personality test, then a phone interview with an hr representative, then an in person interview with two sales managers. The managers seemed much more interested in a person who has hard core sales experience than insurance knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Long Beach, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online by making a job profile.
    Received an email requesting I take an online personality test (45 min).
    HR mgr called to set up phone interview.
    Phone interview with HR mgr took 45 min, covered job summary, benefits, pay structure & my previous job experience. Asked me to come in for in-person interview.
    In-person interview at Long Beach office. Brought 2 copies of resume. Met with 2 managers who manage their own branches. They took turns asking a series of questions about how you handled certain situations at your previous jobs. They are interested in your previous sales experience. Took about 30 min and then they have you role play and try to sell them a product. They give you a packet to review for 15min and then you're supposed to pretend they're a customer.

Interview Questions

• Everyone makes mistakes, tell us about a time when made a mistake that could have been swept under the rug but you didn't. Give specifics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Standard sales background and education discovery. Sample role play sale. Met with multiple managers. Three separate rounds. Pretty tame, other have said the exact opposite however. Please be prepared for multiple interview styles. Some managers play nice, some play "hard-ball". Don't let the "personality" played by manager deter you from communicating who you are.

Interview Questions

• Why should we trust you to represent our storied brand?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negation on salary. All trainees paid same, with benefits effect 90 days after hire (this was in 2010.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in November 2016.

Interview

I completed an application online. I received a call from HR and conducted a phone interview, I was told that I wasn't a good fit for the job but she would pass my resume along to a less competitive opportunity. Three weeks later I was called by HR about that opportunity, to summarize it had a training period where you were paid $X per month and then eased into a commission structure. I was then given an appointment to meet with Director in Costa Mesa at 1pm. At 1:45pm he strolled in, stated I had the time wrong but when I jogged his memory about our phone convo he agreed he was late. Then I received the bate and switch, the job he was interviewing for was straight to commission, no training and could entail 6-7 days a week and long hours. Got a horrible vibe from him and the company, declined to proceed further and left.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

1. Quick phone interview. 2A. Group interview. 2B. Individual role-playing scenario and further questions. 3. Second interview with the DSU manager. Process took about a month. The interviewers were very friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Read a sales scenario and role-play as the agent selling a product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Santa Clarita, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

You will have a phone interview, then go to the Region's branch to get interviewed by two Insurance Business manager's from two different locations. If they decide you have what it takes, they will then move you forward and you will interview with the regional manager (all in the same day).

Interview Questions

• How important is attention to detail?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to reach a goal and failed. How did you come back from that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Valencia, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

You had to sit with 2 managers from nearby offices that asked questions over why you were a good fit. Your standard questions included what you would normally here as far as give examples over why this happened and what you did or what you would do in a theoretical scenario.

Interview Questions

• if i was willing to work as many hours as they gave?   1 Answer