Auto Club of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2018

2.9

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Started with phone interview. Then in-person with panel. Then came back one more time for exec level interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle deadlines? Obviously by meeting them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated higher.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a "Claims Job Fair" in Costa Mesa, CA. The process was relatively easy. You were interviewed by multiple people. What I found astounding was a fair number of the interviewers had been with the company for over 15 years.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any of the interview questions. None stood out as especially difficult.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview

Applied online, luckily I knew a few employees within the club who helped get my resume to the proper people. Otherwise, YOU NEED TO GO TO A CAREER FAIR. That's where the are hiring everyone right now. Got a call back from an HR screener, then had an in person interview with managers. Group interview with potential peers. Receive an offer via email followed by a call from a manager. Submit a hair drug test and do a criminal background check.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions...describe a time when..   1 Answer

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Great process. Went to a fair at the company. It involved a Phone interview , in person, background check and drug test. The in person was done at a company job fair. The interviewees had the opportunity to talk with current employees and snacks were provided. It was an enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the hiring manager directly the next day to schedule an online test. The test was mainly a personality test regarding how I would react in certain situations, etc. After I passed that I was scheduled to come back for an interview. I was interviewed by two managers, then I had to submit a writing sample. Next was a simulation over the phone where I had to deal with an angry customer. Finally, I met with manager whose team I would be on. The whole process took about 4 hours, which was not communicated to me when the interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are situational in nature. Interviewers are looking for specific examples to convey your experiences.   Answer Question

Applications Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Once I managed to get an interview, it was pretty easy. I met with the woman who would eventually become my team lead, she asked me a few questions (much of what she wanted to know was answered with some pre-interview skills testing) and I had a very candid conversation with her regarding where I was (I had been out of work for a few months at that point) and it really ended up being more of a chat than an interview. Your mileage may vary.

Interview Questions

• You're not in a hurry to get promoted, are you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much to it, they made me an offer and I accepted it - and it was better than my last full-time position by about 20% (but I was under market where I was previously). Work was hard to come by at that time and I needed to get to supporting my family.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

star method is required so be really familar with it its infront of a pannel of ppl who really dont know what they are doing its annoying like this question

Interview Questions

• how did you overcome an obstacle   1 Answer

Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

2 and 1/2 hours for interview process. Way way way less for some if you did not pass the initial roleplay as you will be there less than 1 hour. First 15 minutes was a call center director going over the company culture, benefits, call center life and pay. If you pass roleplay, next up is the 1 on 1 interview with someone that is in management at AAA. If you pass that, it's a panel interview next and you will know right then and there if you are hired or not for job there is no waiting. About 8 people are in a room. Call center director tells all they can't hire everyone right up front. Very few pass all three processes of roleplay and the two interviews. Some end up reapplying a second and a third time within 6 mos. to a year period. If you do not pass the on site round of roleplay/interviews, the applicant is unable to apply again for 6 months, but can apply for other positions, just not that specific one.

Interview Questions

• Customer calls in to make a payment but payment method differs.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Application online a company career website. Email invitation to take their online website software assessment tests. If successful, emailed for 2 scheduled phone interviews with a recruiter. Then, invited to facility for company presentation; personal role playing interviews; and 2 personal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any known life or family plans outside of work for the next 6 months?   1 Answer

Jury Duty.

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Riverside, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The process was very involved and I made it through testing and an initial interview. I was feeling confident. I went in for a panel-type interview and it didn't go well. I spent many hours studying sample questions that I found on this site. They were helpful and I would suggest studying them it you're preparing for this type of interview with AAA. I felt I was on point with my answers, however I wasn't prepared for the final segment of the interview. The main guy that is in charge of the region was rude and critical of my work history. He told me that nothing on my resume added up and that I didn't appear ambitious enough to do well with AAA. I imagine he was trying to push my buttons to see how I'd react under pressure. Things really went south at this point and I became frustrated and I am sure it showed.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer's comment to me: "Nothing you're saying makes sense".   Answer Question