Auto Club of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Auto Club of Southern California Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2017

3.3

Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in December 2016.

Interview

Saw the job online and took the time to fill out the application, write cover letter, updated resume. Received a call back a few days later and spoke with someone from HR for the initial screening call. Conversation went well, then spoke with the hiring manager.

I was told that although the phone interviews went well, however according to the assessments that I took I was not a good personality fit. They really are looking for a certain cookie-cutter, minion mold to work there. Very antiquated process, indicative of the company, and truth in the company reviews.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in November 2016.

Interview

I completed an application online. I received a call from HR and conducted a phone interview, I was told that I wasn't a good fit for the job but she would pass my resume along to a less competitive opportunity. Three weeks later I was called by HR about that opportunity, to summarize it had a training period where you were paid $X per month and then eased into a commission structure. I was then given an appointment to meet with Director in Costa Mesa at 1pm. At 1:45pm he strolled in, stated I had the time wrong but when I jogged his memory about our phone convo he agreed he was late. Then I received the bate and switch, the job he was interviewing for was straight to commission, no training and could entail 6-7 days a week and long hours. Got a horrible vibe from him and the company, declined to proceed further and left.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It took five months from start to finish. I applied online and 5 months later received an invitation to take a personality assessment test. Two-three days later, I received a phone call from a recruiter inviting me to take a phone interview. The following day I interviewed and was invited to an in-person interview, which was very unpleasant due to the male interviewer having a negative, condescending attitude.

Interview Questions

• We all don't like to admit we make mistakes, but we do them, when did you make a mistake at work that went unnoticed by your supervisor and you discovered it and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to sell insurance, why us, why now?   1 Answer
    • Asked in an angry, pushy tone. "Every person who has sat in that chair has answered this question like you have. Why sell insurance, why us, why now?"   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Beware: They will send you an assessment for Internet Explorer 7 and Outlook 2007. Only 9 years old...There is also an A+ type assessment that seemed to be just as old with questions about obsolete technologythat isn't even used anymore.

Interview Questions

• Did not get an interview after I submitted the assessment for IE7 and Outlook 2007. Most techs don't even use IE, much less one that is 9 years old. Outlook has changed a lot in 9 years.   2 Answers

Advanced Technologies Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview

The interview was difficult due to a communication barrier, the people interviewing barely spoke English it is a wonder they can communicate amongst themselves and understand each other, three very different strong foreign accents. If you've passed the assessment, why the choose to give you another technical interview was confusing.

Travel Agent Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with 2 older women who asked me if I brought my cell phone & what kind I had. One wanted me to convince the other to switch her iPhone for a another brand. After their childish games, I had to write an essay on why I wanted this job. Then they wanted me to drive 3 hours to meet their Regional Director for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I tell a customer they don't accept credit cards for the DMV.   1 Answer
    • Would I mind driving to Santa Clarita to meet their Regional Director   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Long Beach, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online by making a job profile.
    Received an email requesting I take an online personality test (45 min).
    HR mgr called to set up phone interview.
    Phone interview with HR mgr took 45 min, covered job summary, benefits, pay structure & my previous job experience. Asked me to come in for in-person interview.
    In-person interview at Long Beach office. Brought 2 copies of resume. Met with 2 managers who manage their own branches. They took turns asking a series of questions about how you handled certain situations at your previous jobs. They are interested in your previous sales experience. Took about 30 min and then they have you role play and try to sell them a product. They give you a packet to review for 15min and then you're supposed to pretend they're a customer.

Interview Questions

• Everyone makes mistakes, tell us about a time when made a mistake that could have been swept under the rug but you didn't. Give specifics.   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1) Overly lengthy personality test of over 150 questions followed immediately by a JavaScript both administered online and timed. 2) In-person 1 on 1 mostly non-technical interview. 3) In-person team interview.

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview

Submitted resume on-line for interview in Costa Mesa at AAA Job Fair. Received follow up email confirming appointment. Met with manager who could barely speak English. I would have never hired this woman and was surprised she was interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• One question: Why do you think you would be good at this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I took a personality test, then a phone interview with an hr representative, then an in person interview with two sales managers. The managers seemed much more interested in a person who has hard core sales experience than insurance knowledge.