Auto Club of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Auto Club of Southern California Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

105 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview

Multi step interview process. Single person interview, computer simulated assessment and then another interview with management. I attended an in house job fair so I'm not sure if my process was expedited...it took approximately 4 hours of the day.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview

AAA likes the STAR method: share a "S"ituation or "T"ask, what was your "A"ction, and what was the "R"esult. Be detailed about a past experience, and focus on your customer service and soft skills.

Member Services Representative, Insurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter the day after I applied. He asked a few questions about myself of why I wanted to work for the company and previous job employment. He also let me know about the history of their company. He said I would be contacted later that week by an actual manager and the phone interview would be about an hour long. I was contacted 3 days later and the nice lady asked me a few questions about myself, previous employment and we did role playing. We did a few scenarios about angry customers and confused customers. I was asked my skills weaknesses and examples of a time I provided exceptional service. I passed the phone interview and was invited for a in person interview the following week. I came in and was greeted by the same person and took a tour of the building. I was asked a few of the same questions as the ones over the phone and was told more about the company. I was then taking to another huger manager and interviewed by him and he asked similar interview questions. Afterwards, the manager took me back to the office and I was offered a deal which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to the company?
      Why did you leave your last employer?
      What are some skills you posses that you can benefit the company?
      Why do you want to work for Triple A?
      Explain a time you had a difficult customer. How did you turn it into a positive experience.   Answer Question

Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in December 2016.

Interview

Saw the job online and took the time to fill out the application, write cover letter, updated resume. Received a call back a few days later and spoke with someone from HR for the initial screening call. Conversation went well, then spoke with the hiring manager.

I was told that although the phone interviews went well, however according to the assessments that I took I was not a good personality fit. They really are looking for a certain cookie-cutter, minion mold to work there. Very antiquated process, indicative of the company, and truth in the company reviews.

Branch Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Extensive interview process. Did a online assessment then was called on the phone and did a breif phone interview before invited to interview in person. Did 3 rounds of in person interviews before being hired.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in November 2016.

Interview

I completed an application online. I received a call from HR and conducted a phone interview, I was told that I wasn't a good fit for the job but she would pass my resume along to a less competitive opportunity. Three weeks later I was called by HR about that opportunity, to summarize it had a training period where you were paid $X per month and then eased into a commission structure. I was then given an appointment to meet with Director in Costa Mesa at 1pm. At 1:45pm he strolled in, stated I had the time wrong but when I jogged his memory about our phone convo he agreed he was late. Then I received the bate and switch, the job he was interviewing for was straight to commission, no training and could entail 6-7 days a week and long hours. Got a horrible vibe from him and the company, declined to proceed further and left.

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview process is way too long for a minimum wage position. First there is the phone interview, then a face to face, you will mostly be asked behavioral questions and most important will be your willingness to be okay with the minimum wage salary until training ends. You will be asked if there are any questions you have at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why AAA?
      Why you?
      Tell me about your experience?
      Tell me how you handled a difficult customer?
      Do you have any questions?
      Why did you leave your last jobs?
      Where do you see yourself with AAA in the next 3 years?   1 Answer

Travel Agent Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

You have to fill out an application. Then you take an assessment and, if they like your results they contact you via a recruiter. She will then give you information on the positions and briefly screen if you fit their culture. From there you go to a physical interview with management and, if things are favorable they will hire you. It was a very smooth process.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It took five months from start to finish. I applied online and 5 months later received an invitation to take a personality assessment test. Two-three days later, I received a phone call from a recruiter inviting me to take a phone interview. The following day I interviewed and was invited to an in-person interview, which was very unpleasant due to the male interviewer having a negative, condescending attitude.

Interview Questions

• We all don't like to admit we make mistakes, but we do them, when did you make a mistake at work that went unnoticed by your supervisor and you discovered it and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to sell insurance, why us, why now?   1 Answer
    • Asked in an angry, pushy tone. "Every person who has sat in that chair has answered this question like you have. Why sell insurance, why us, why now?"   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Beware: They will send you an assessment for Internet Explorer 7 and Outlook 2007. Only 9 years old...There is also an A+ type assessment that seemed to be just as old with questions about obsolete technologythat isn't even used anymore.

Interview Questions

• Did not get an interview after I submitted the assessment for IE7 and Outlook 2007. Most techs don't even use IE, much less one that is 9 years old. Outlook has changed a lot in 9 years.   2 Answers