Auto Club of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Auto Club of Southern California

2.9

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Riverside, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The process was very involved and I made it through testing and an initial interview. I was feeling confident. I went in for a panel-type interview and it didn't go well. I spent many hours studying sample questions that I found on this site. They were helpful and I would suggest studying them it you're preparing for this type of interview with AAA. I felt I was on point with my answers, however I wasn't prepared for the final segment of the interview. The main guy that is in charge of the region was rude and critical of my work history. He told me that nothing on my resume added up and that I didn't appear ambitious enough to do well with AAA. I imagine he was trying to push my buttons to see how I'd react under pressure. Things really went south at this point and I became frustrated and I am sure it showed.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer's comment to me: "Nothing you're saying makes sense".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Riverside, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

The process was easy at first. I had a employee referral which took about 7-10 days from applying online. The referring employee had to contact his internal HR rep to contact but then she advised I was not geographically in her area and assigned another person to contact me, no problem. Th next call was HR recruiter advised i could be placed anywhere from Pasadena to Victorville???? I said ok I am kind of in the middle of those areas. Good advice from recruiter to portray myself as hungry and aggressive. The dirty old office in Riverside is not an environment that projects career growth potential or financial stability. I had to wait 3 weeks after phone interview (holiday season) to get 2 cardboard cut out managers that wanted robots for employees don't think outside the box we are AAA so we know better than you. My referral is military so he likes to follow rules and I am more free thinking and entrepreneurial with sales ability to run circles around these managers. I decided that I didn't want to proceed so I botched the interview so I would not be stuck under these management types again. I felt they were burned out and overworked just going through the motions without ever trying to appreciate sales experienced individual. The atmosphere or culture seem pessimistic and gives a negative aura.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you failed to meet a customers need and how did you resolve it to their satisfaction?   3 Answers

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in November 2016.

Interview

I completed an application online. I received a call from HR and conducted a phone interview, I was told that I wasn't a good fit for the job but she would pass my resume along to a less competitive opportunity. Three weeks later I was called by HR about that opportunity, to summarize it had a training period where you were paid $X per month and then eased into a commission structure. I was then given an appointment to meet with Director in Costa Mesa at 1pm. At 1:45pm he strolled in, stated I had the time wrong but when I jogged his memory about our phone convo he agreed he was late. Then I received the bate and switch, the job he was interviewing for was straight to commission, no training and could entail 6-7 days a week and long hours. Got a horrible vibe from him and the company, declined to proceed further and left.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

1. Quick phone interview. 2A. Group interview. 2B. Individual role-playing scenario and further questions. 3. Second interview with the DSU manager. Process took about a month. The interviewers were very friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Read a sales scenario and role-play as the agent selling a product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Santa Clarita, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

You will have a phone interview, then go to the Region's branch to get interviewed by two Insurance Business manager's from two different locations. If they decide you have what it takes, they will then move you forward and you will interview with the regional manager (all in the same day).

Interview Questions

• How important is attention to detail?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to reach a goal and failed. How did you come back from that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Valencia, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

You had to sit with 2 managers from nearby offices that asked questions over why you were a good fit. Your standard questions included what you would normally here as far as give examples over why this happened and what you did or what you would do in a theoretical scenario.

Interview Questions

• if i was willing to work as many hours as they gave?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Multi-step process from phone interview, online assessment to panel interview. Make sure you listen to the question and prepare an honest response, online assessment is built to ask the same question in multiple different ways to ensure integrity in responses.

Interview Questions

• Sales Simulation during Panel interview process   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview

On line application; online test, few people pass the test, but if you do, then a panel interview with role playing of sales. Depending on the managers that are there, you may get an offer, may not. You can apply again in 90 days. If you come on strong about not caring about how many hours or phone calls it takes, they will probably make you an offer. Then, no matter where you live, you have to go to training in Long Beach for 3 months, Costa Mesa for one month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating; you can't even pick what office you want to be in. Good luck figuring out the pay plan of full commission. It is punitive and you have no book of business. You have to earn your vacation money based on how many sales you have a quarter. Take the time off for a vacation, your sales go down, and you do not get the money for next quarter. No quality of life with this job....work every other Saturday to boot.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Told by the recruiter that my interview was at 10am sharp, wear a suit and tie and bring 2 copies of my resume. Arrived at 9:45am to find 10 other people sitting there waiting for their 10am interview also. Called 1 by 1 for interview which lasted about 30 minutes. Total waiting time was over 4 hours with no notification! Some of us were on breaks from our current jobs for this interview. Some people had to wait even longer than 4 hours.
    (Unprofessional indicator number 1).
    Spoke with 2 Branch Managers who teamed up to ask you question after question. Some questions were professional and some completely not. Some questions were meant to see your reaction and ability to deal with a difficult or inappropriate question. This is a sales job so these types of reactionary questions can be expected. Poor grammar and uneducated people conducting the interview.
    (Unprofessional indicator number 2.)
    Waiting area is a modified cubicle with broken, dirty, old chairs in a line against a wall. While waiting you have a decent amount of time to look around and see the old beat up office and lack of money spent to portray a professional appearance of an "industry leader." Some people waiting for their interview discussed this and decided to leave prior to their interview. This was not just the waiting area, this was the entire office. Very low budget appearance for a company that makes so much money.

Interview Questions

• "We don't think you gonna be a good fit in this job but we are willing to let you give it a try, will you work super hard to make sure you don't embarrass us?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview

interviewed by two managers, its important to be confidant with your answers. This is a extremely Sales driven job. So your answers should reflect someone who is hungry to close sales.

Interview Questions

• How much money to you expect to make here? How would you go about achieving that goal?   Answer Question