Auto Club of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Auto Club of Southern California Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

Member Services Representative, Insurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Role play interview over the phone/ then tour then job offer about two days after. Once they complete the tour they sit you down and then say why are you the perfect candidate for the job?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview

Applied online, luckily I knew a few employees within the club who helped get my resume to the proper people. Otherwise, YOU NEED TO GO TO A CAREER FAIR. That's where the are hiring everyone right now. Got a call back from an HR screener, then had an in person interview with managers. Group interview with potential peers. Receive an offer via email followed by a call from a manager. Submit a hair drug test and do a criminal background check.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions...describe a time when..   1 Answer

Features Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Group interviews took place over the course of several months, first by phone since I was 250 miles away, then at the site when they decided they were interested. I was recruited by a current employee so it might been easier than usual. Once hired, I eventually participated in group interviews for later hires.

Interview Questions

• Give us a story idea you would select as an editor and describe how you would see it through to its completion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an offer and I was expected to accept it. I tried to negotiate and was given attitude by the chief, who was not part of the interview process: "This demand makes me wonder if you're a team player." That took me aback and I had to give it some thought, but after consulting with the person who recruited me, I decided that the advantages outweighed the disadvantages (for me, at least). The chief eventually apologized after seeing me in action for a year. I've been doing well, but all raises are based on the initial salary, so it leaves a brief bad taste every now and then that dissipates when I consider some other perks of my position that may not be available to others.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Long Beach, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Applied online, took 48hrsn for the assesment, passed, a call was given 2 days followed up with a phone interview, then 24 hrs had a video interview, i was super excited.....then 48 hrs, i called them and they set up a 2nd phone interview, that came with a person to person the next day. Then I was hired as soon as I walked in. They had about a million questions, i was nervous but I smiled the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one rule that you didnt like at your last employer?   1 Answer

Applications Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Once I managed to get an interview, it was pretty easy. I met with the woman who would eventually become my team lead, she asked me a few questions (much of what she wanted to know was answered with some pre-interview skills testing) and I had a very candid conversation with her regarding where I was (I had been out of work for a few months at that point) and it really ended up being more of a chat than an interview. Your mileage may vary.

Interview Questions

• You're not in a hurry to get promoted, are you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much to it, they made me an offer and I accepted it - and it was better than my last full-time position by about 20% (but I was under market where I was previously). Work was hard to come by at that time and I needed to get to supporting my family.

Advanced Technologies Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview

The interview was difficult due to a communication barrier, the people interviewing barely spoke English it is a wonder they can communicate amongst themselves and understand each other, three very different strong foreign accents. If you've passed the assessment, why the choose to give you another technical interview was confusing.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very long process. Too long and during the course of interview, you are wondering what the questions are all about, surely they aren't about the job you will perform with them.

Interview Questions

• Hypotheticals...most of which do not apply to the job interviewing for.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. The Manager advised he would ask behavior related questions. As long as you discuss your previous functions and how it relates to the job role, it should be simple. Overall, it was a positive experience, and it felt more like a conversation more than an interview. Once the interview was over, I was told I would be given a call within a week.

Travel Agent Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with 2 older women who asked me if I brought my cell phone & what kind I had. One wanted me to convince the other to switch her iPhone for a another brand. After their childish games, I had to write an essay on why I wanted this job. Then they wanted me to drive 3 hours to meet their Regional Director for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I tell a customer they don't accept credit cards for the DMV.   1 Answer
    • Would I mind driving to Santa Clarita to meet their Regional Director   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview

interviewed by two managers, its important to be confidant with your answers. This is a extremely Sales driven job. So your answers should reflect someone who is hungry to close sales.

Interview Questions

• How much money to you expect to make here? How would you go about achieving that goal?   Answer Question