Auto Club of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Auto Club of Southern California

2.9

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

They have you take technical and personality tests. They lie to your face that the personality test has no impact on your employment when it heavily weighs on your employment.

Interview Questions

• Scenario where you see an employee stealing or some similar stupid thing   1 Answer
    • Do you know Unix?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Excessively lengthy as integral stakeholders had tight schedules. Panel interview with cross functional teams. Job description was not synonymous with questions asked during interview. Standard interview questions, didn't seem to be able to assimilate transferable skills.

Interview Questions

• Basic pre-qualifying interview with quantitive and qualitative testing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very set in their ways, difficult to negotiate additional salary or pto.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

interview processes take a few steps. The first step is to take the personalities test. Secondly, take technical online test,which doesn't relate to real job, and finally go thru in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• lots technical questions need to be passed from online test systems   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in January 2010.

Interview

Interviews are like any other companies. They're trying to gauge your personality.

Hair sample drug trust, a stupid personality test that matters more than any of the technical tests. They tend to drag their feet until the last moment. The company tells you that the personality test is just to gauge you and doesn't have any bearing on your scores, but that test means more than the other tests.

Very idiotic HR staff I think.

Interview Questions

• What's more important? The technology or the business?   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I met with my now manager at a recruiter's office. We had a 5 minute interview then I came back for another interview at the office. I'm pretty sure the guy who interviewed me was stuck doing it because his manager was too busy.

Interview Questions

• I remember being asked why I like JavaScript.   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online, take a test, and then get invited to interview. The interview process was with two managers who asked several questions re: past experience, reason for wanting a position there, strengths and weaknesses. They also asked for a sales experience where you were able to overcome objections.

Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in November 2013.

Interview

Meet with management at location. Heard back after a month that they were going to make me an offer took over a month to get the offer due to a miscommunication between the branch and HR. They did a background and drug test then I started.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about meeting goals regarding upselling product   1 Answer

Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

You must 1st pass a computer test that asks the same questions in different ways. , Then, if you pass that they ask you back for a panel interview - 3 managers on 1 - you. Very intimidating. It's important to understand that they can place you at any branch and any given day up to a 40 mile radius of your zip code.

Interview Questions

• Asking questions like: what was a difficult situation that you had and how did you handle it. What are your strengths, weaknesses.   Answer Question

Interview

Had to apply on line. Was contacted by a phone screen. Sent an assessment to take. Passed the assement then invited to come in for an interview with the recruiter. Passed that then was asked to come back to meet with the manager. Was offered the position which was followed up by a couple of emails.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time that you had an hr related employment problem and how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview covered employment history, previous experience and "what would you do", "how would you handle" questions but nothing structured or based on previous behaviors.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable within a pre-defined range.

See What Auto Club of Southern California Employees Are Saying

35 years!

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Branch Manager in Bakersfield, CA

Pros: “After 35 years and recently retired I cannot say enough about the pension benefits. There have been many positive changes in the last few years that I know will continue i.e., jeans...”“After 35 years and recently retired I cannot say enough about the pension benefits. There have been many positive changes in the last few years that I know will continue i.e., jeans Friday/Saturday, modifying goals, strategic planning that anticipates the eventuality of driver-less cars. Outstanding training department that prepares the employee to do the job. The company follows California Labor Laws to the letter and in my experience 0 tolerance with regards to sexual harassment. Lots of opportunities to promote and transfer to other departments and states.” – Full Review