Auto Club of Southern California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Auto Club of Southern California

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Unstructured interview by management.

Interview Questions

• Questions associated with my job qualifications identified on my resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Poor negotiations

Direct Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview

A gentleman walked me through the floor to see if I like it. Then I got the in person interview. The thing lasted about two hours as if I were applying for a million dollar job. Come to find out on Day 1 everything they told me about the job in the interview turned out to be a lie.

Interview Questions

• Can you share an experience in the past where you made a mistake?   Answer Question

Direct Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First there is a phone interview with a person from HR, if they consider you are a possible candidate, you will have to take an assessment online. This assessment consist of an app that simulates calls of clients and it records your interactions with it, and finally an interview with two managers at the branch.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in AAA?   1 Answer

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Took computer test that catagorized my personality type - as they decided only certain personalities would succeed. Later interviewed in person with two managers. After I received a job offer I was told to get a drug test - hair/folical test. You then spend about another month studying for the insurance exam and after passing it, you are entered into a training program. All in all it takes at least 6 months from the starting date minimum before you reach the sales floor.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work overtime.   1 Answer

Field Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Escondido, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

First round phone interview, very basic. Second round, psychology test, basic math, easy. Third round, basic sales interview complete with "sell me this pencil" type simulation. Somewhat challenging but not very creative. Same exact interview for every person. No conversation, just question and answer. Hair test for the drug screen and a background check as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$42,000 training pay during the 4 month training period. 5 weeks in Costa Mesa. No set office location until you start. After that you can make 80-100K if you hit goals. Top Reps make over $200K.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It took five months from start to finish. I applied online and 5 months later received an invitation to take a personality assessment test. Two-three days later, I received a phone call from a recruiter inviting me to take a phone interview. The following day I interviewed and was invited to an in-person interview, which was very unpleasant due to the male interviewer having a negative, condescending attitude.

Interview Questions

• We all don't like to admit we make mistakes, but we do them, when did you make a mistake at work that went unnoticed by your supervisor and you discovered it and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to sell insurance, why us, why now?   1 Answer
    • Asked in an angry, pushy tone. "Every person who has sat in that chair has answered this question like you have. Why sell insurance, why us, why now?"   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Features Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Group interviews took place over the course of several months, first by phone since I was 250 miles away, then at the site when they decided they were interested. I was recruited by a current employee so it might been easier than usual. Once hired, I eventually participated in group interviews for later hires.

Interview Questions

• Give us a story idea you would select as an editor and describe how you would see it through to its completion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an offer and I was expected to accept it. I tried to negotiate and was given attitude by the chief, who was not part of the interview process: "This demand makes me wonder if you're a team player." That took me aback and I had to give it some thought, but after consulting with the person who recruited me, I decided that the advantages outweighed the disadvantages (for me, at least). The chief eventually apologized after seeing me in action for a year. I've been doing well, but all raises are based on the initial salary, so it leaves a brief bad taste every now and then that dissipates when I consider some other perks of my position that may not be available to others.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

After applying, contacted by HR with general questions about skills and work history. Next step required an assessment test on site. If the test was passed, then candidate was asked to interview in person. If the test was failed then that was the end of the process. The onsite interview consisted of the hiring manager and their superior.

Interview Questions

• From your past work experience, what would you say is an example of an analysis you worked on that contributed to the company's bottom line?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California.

Interview

Interview process is very antiquated with many closed ended questions and a lot of silence as recruiter was documenting responses. Recruiter stated their business process is to notify the candidate within 5 business days regardless if moving on the process or not. I never received any additional communication and I also followed up with the recruiter as to status.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 - 10, how is your written communication?   1 Answer

Senior BA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Meeting with several managers...panel type interview. It seemed to go well. Still waiting to hear back. But a great group of managers and I could see myself working for anyone of them.