Auto Club of Southern California Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Auto Club of Southern California Sales Agent Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Asked me about 4 questions out of a handbook, SBO style. They were not too difficult if you gave good examples from prior job experiences. The 2 managers deliberated and then came back to invite me to interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you negotiated a sale despite initial resistance   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Auto Club of Southern California

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in March 2014.

Interview

They have job fairs all year round .... always people leaving or being fired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I submitted an application online. I was contacted by a recruiter via phone who went through my resume basically job by job to ask why I wasn't there anymore. That was fine but I was called back a week later and asked the exact same questions by the exact same guy.
    I was asked several times if I was willing to make the commute. I answered several times that I had no problem with it. If I didn't want the commute, I would not have submitted the application.

Interview Questions

• This is not so much a question as it is an observation...
      When I was invited to do an in person interview, I was made to wait at least 40 minutes before the two interviewers actually met with me. Once they got there, they spent the first 10 minutes trying to talk me out of the job and paint the picture of a horrible, dismal workplace and that the turnover was high and that it was a high pressure sales environment. That would lead me to believe it would not be a good fit for me. Either they are using aggressive interview tactics to weed out weaker candidates or they are just unprofessional. Either way, I did not like the vibe for it.
      I was offered another interview with a higher up but declined that and withdrew my application.
      1 Answer

Even though the job market is tough right now, I don't want to get hired on at a place where I will be miserable. The training and benefits seem awesome but many of the people I walked past who worked there looked very unhappy. You would also be forced to work 50-70 hour weeks commission only at a certain point. Not for me.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Commission Only. You can make bonuses ( vacation pay)

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions. One I remember was give me a time when you didn't get along with your manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Escondido, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Called the manager at the local office and I emailed my resume. Got called right away to take the personality test, which went ok.. then was contacted to do an interview in the claims center/training facility in Escondido, Ca. I interviewed with two other managers from other offices in San Diego that took turns asking me questions such as "tell me about a time that you were part of a team that did not meet their goals", and "tell me about your most difficult sale situation," "how much do you need to make and how much do you want to make." Why the auto club... etc..." I understand they only do the role play in which you have to sell them a product if they think you are a good fit. I didn't make it that far... no role play...so I knew it was not good news... I get an email next day, a mass generated email from the auto club website saying that I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• How much do you need to make...???(IS THERE A RIGHT/WRONG ANSWER HERE?) you need to have your entire work career at your fingertips and give them really good answers, I don't recall specific events....and they are looking for SPECIFICS!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (San Diego, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

First you will interview on the phone. Then they make you do a sales simulation with a financial product after giving you a scenario and about 10 minutes to prepare. On the same day you will interview with three different managers. They put on a pretty serious face you match that if you can. If you are hired you have a final confirmation with the regional boss and then will have to pass a hair drug test.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with commission   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. They don't do it.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

was in a prior dept so, didn't have an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

The process was multi-step. First was an interview with the local sales manager. Second was a 2 part test inlcuding math skills. Third, was a 3 part interview consisting of two oral interviews with sales managers and a role play with a 3rd sales manager. Math test was challenging. The role play consisted of a similar business to Auto Club sales. Don't get discouraged if you don't get the sale...I understand that no one does.

Interview Questions

• Role play the role of sales agent selling a membership and guaranteed income insurance if you are unemployed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview Process was very detailed. Looks like they take a large pool of applicants and narrowed it down to a couple. The rejection is quick as I whatched people getting booted at the end of each process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Club of Southern California in November 2007.

Interview

The first step is a personality and leadership test along with basic language and math assessments. If you have a pulse, can pass the tests, and can afford to live on what they pay you, then you will get the job. The key is to pass the sales assessment. Approach the test like you are the happiest most outgoing person in the world. You should really have had some experience in sales to make it as a sales agent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not any negotiation with salary, you spend an amount of time in training and then go into production with a forgivable draw. After a couple months you get full commission with a very small forgivable draw.