Auto-Owners Insurance Actuarial Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Auto-Owners Insurance Actuarial Technician Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance (Lansing, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

There are no job listings on the company's website, so I created a general application and received a phone call a couple months later asking if I could make it into an interview the following week. Once arriving to the company's headquarters, I was whisked away to the Actuarial department and interviewed with 6 managers and directors in 5 total interview sittings, each lasting approximately 30 minutes. The interview process from all the interviewers was relaxed. They asked me about myself, I asked them about themselves and I explained why I would be a good fit for the position. There weren't any behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was actually a bit more than expected, so I didn't negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Auto-Owners Insurance

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance (Lansing, MI) in February 2009.

Interview

One of the biggest difference-makers for being selected for an interview is that you already know somebody working here. There is a place to list them right on the application itself...and they will follow-up with the associate listed. Interview process itself was long and tedious. I interviewed with 6 different managers, back-to-back. It took several hours to complete. Most questions asked were pretty standard. They are looking for somebody who has done their homework on the Company, and can ask well thought out questions about the Company.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty standard...What makes you interested in a career here? Tell me about a time when you excelled, or overcame an obstacle? Prior work experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. It was just "Here is your offer...take it or leave it."

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance (Lansing, MI) in February 2008.

Interview

Took about 4 hours total. Had multiple one-on-ones.

Interview Questions

• Name an incident where you succeeded though many people thought you wouldn't.   Answer Question
    • Why are you quitting your current job?   Answer Question