AutoLoop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AutoLoop

2.5

Junior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoLoop (Tampa, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Before the interview, I had to take a short IQ test and fill out a questionaire with QA related questions. After that, I met with the corporate recruiter. He asked me questions about my job experience and told me about the position. After I was doing speaking with him, I spoke with the QA manager, and he asked me about my job experience. It was not too bad.

Interview Questions

• List pros and cons of working alone and working in a group.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AutoLoop (Clearwater, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted Resume and CL to posted email address and received a prompt follow-up for interview within 2 days.

The initial interview was with the HR Director. Very pleasant and personable individual. The only area that I have issue with is the lack of communications/follow-up after the interview. This is a position/opportunity that I very much desired and did a lot of research before I found this firm. My back-ground and skills matched 99.0% of what they were looking/advertising for. The salary range was acceptable and the Company dynamics appeared to very upbeat. All in all a great place to work.

What's difficult to gauge in any interview is how the interviewer perceives you? I knew that the HR Director was the gate guard and that final approval for this position was going to be via the Hiring Manager more than likely the CTO or another Sr. Manager within the Project Management team, but I had to gain approval from the HR Director first to advance to the next level. I thought I had that?
     My background is comprised of positions where I often managed both Software Development teams and regular IT Hardware teams. Based on the conversation I believe, that the HR director thought my expertise was more in the realm of the HW IT guys and thus I did not get the next opportunity to interview with any of the real project team members. That's disappointing for several reasons. The HR Director is not a technology person, either IT or SW as he personally stated to me. Whereupon he explained “that the next step would be to talk to someone within the Project Management team.” Since our initial interview went in to the lunch hour, he had me wait in the lobby for a few minutes while he searched for anyone that could interview with me from the project management team. After a few minutes it was determined that rather than have me continue to wait, he would schedule another interview where I could come back and talk to the technical merits of my background with a team member.

That initial interview was on a Tuesday. I crafted a follow-up letter thanking the HR Director for his time and the interview and sent via email to the HR Coordinator on Wednesday AM following the interview. The following Tuesday, 6 days after the initial interview and 5 days after I sent the Thank You notification, I had still not received any reply or response to my email. I followed up with a 2nd Follow-Up email to the HR Coordinator and asked if she could please forward my email/letter to the HR Director, as I did not have his personal email address. She responded, “That she had forwarded my document and then provided me with the HR Directors email address.”
    Now it's been 2 weeks past the initial interview and no contact from AutoLoop other than the initial email response from the HR Coordination / Admin on my follow-up notification. I have received NO communications from anyone at AutoLoop.

I don’t want to sound like I am complaining, HR has a tough job and in today’s job market any opening can elicit hundreds of applicants. In a growing company the size of AutoLoop that's a lot of talking and work for one HR person to tackle. As a technical professional on the other end, it would just be nice to have received some follow-up communication or even a brief phone call to let me know that I was either not being considered for further interviews or perhaps something internal happened and they would schedule this later in the month? Things happen.

As much as I hate to get those automated – canned “were sorry – we picked a candidate that more closely met our requirements” emails – at least I know where I am at. I have skin in this game and spent time and energy and even gas to prepare and drive to an interview. It’s called respect and I feel in this case that I was forgotten, for that I am disappointed as AutoLoop is highly respected in their market. Not sure what transpired here? I will also mention that I am a Veteran and lately have felt that many companies do not fully understand what we bring to the table, moreover they don’t show the due respect to us to as whole. This is something that I think the HR associations should teach as a standard.

Interview Questions

• Q: Questions were geared towards SW Development skills - SDLC as my resume sowed IT and SW skills   1 Answer

AutoLoop Response

Jun 8, 2016 – HR Dir

I am sorry to hear this. It is always my intention to treat every applicant with respect and care.

To answer your question, our interview process normally takes a few days, but this really depends on the position being applied for and the availability of our management team.

The position you interviewed for is one that is always going to take a bit more time due to the sensitive nature of the position and our diligence to find the exact right fit. A senior level position like this can take several weeks with multiple interviews to insure the right person is found.

I do apologize for any inconvenience and any lack of correspondence during this interview period. I do try my best to stay in touch with each candidate and insure they are kept informed. We have recently expanded our recruitment team to ensure a faster recruitment time and a better applicant experience.

Account Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoLoop (Clearwater, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

I had to take several tests including a personality test and IQ test. Once my scores were reviewed, I was interviewed by the HR manager. Then, I was interviewed by the chief operating officer and the Care Connect account manager. I was offered the job on the spot and started a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my ability to multitask and prioritize.   Answer Question

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoLoop (Clearwater, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview took place at their office in Downtown Clearwater and the directions I received about the office and parking options made it easy for me to arrive. I was first asked to take two tests, one of the a proofreading test. After that I was able to speak with the hiring manager, review my proofreading test, and have a conversation regarding the position. I have not yet been offered a position but I was told they would finish interviews this week.

Interview Questions

• One question she asked was whether or not I could spend the entire day looking at information about cars. That question threw me off, but I think it was a great question that I will be better prepared for in the future.   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoLoop.

Interview

Long interview process. Several IQ tests and questions, plus a design test. Expect to be at the interview for a minimum of 4 hours. Design test is about one hour to an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Gaining employment will rely heavily on how well you design. Photoshop is most used so skills need to be really good in this software product. Knowledge of marketing is also a plus.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Your salary can be negotiated if you have the skills & talent to back it up. However, you will not make over $36,000/year regardless of your talent and/or knowledge. If you are looking for a $40,000 a year starting salary, you are looking at the wrong place.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AutoLoop (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

had miscommunication with the girl who called me to interview from the get-go. I was scheduled (by her) to show on a date but when i called with a question or 2 was informed that was a bad date. Then told "we interview from 10am-2pm, can you come in at 3"? lol
    I called to get more info on the salary and was told completely incorrect info (was told the position payed much more than it did)

Interview Questions

• was asked to take multiple surveys, including iq, skills and personality tests from LR HUBBARD   2 Answers

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AutoLoop in March 2019.

Interview

The interviewing process was rather nonchalant, but everyone was very personable. I was very much at ease during the entire interview, but they have bugs on their main site... lol. click on site map in mobile. lol.

Interview Questions

• Give me example test cases for a toaster.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AutoLoop in July 2011.

Interview

I'd like to note that I was hired pretty early in the company's life, so the process has changed since then.

Once I was called in for an interview, it was pretty simple. You take an IQ test, an aptitude test and a personality test. Those get graded and then you are interviewed by HR (he seems to be looking for anyone who just seems "off").

Then, you get talked to by a manager. I came in early, so it was with the COO. I qualified for a different job than what they were offering, and he called in the manager over that area and hired me on the spot after recognizing I had a passion for that job. No skill-specific tests were given. This has changed, but they're still not all that difficult unless you program - then the CTO gets you and you had better know your programming basics.

Interview Questions

• There were tons of questions on the tests, but none of them were difficult. The one on one is different now than it was several years ago, so I won't comment on that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They basically tell you what they are willing to pay. If you have technical skills, that rate is higher (programmer, etc.) or if you have 20+ years experience and made a name for yourself.

Otherwise, it's entry-level. You won't get more than that unless the owner or manager intervenes.

Tier II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoLoop.

Interview

The day of my interview, I had to take an aptitude, IQ and personality test. I was not given a quiet room to concentrate, I had to take it in the lobby with everyone coming in and out the door frequently. Too many distractions. The staff was nice and friendly, however most of the staff looked like they slept in their clothes. It's too casual of an atmosphere for this type of company. The HR manager was not that professional and his office was a mess. Unfortunately they do not offer competitive wages, therefore I did not proceed further.

Offer was too low

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoLoop (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

After the initial interview, I was given a two hour quiz in a noisy atmosphere, mainly based on psychological evaluation and personality. If I didn't make the grade, or something tripped them up about the way I think, I would not expect to be hired- my issue is that I was never given any follow up, which I thought was a little unprofessional. If someone comes into the office for a formal interview and full testing procedure, the very least they can do is follow up with a simple rejection letter.