AutoZone Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2016

1.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Hiring Process took 2 days. After sending in application, I got a phone call 2 days after. Ended up setting up an interview that same day in the afternoon.Once you arrive there, you'll have to wait if the store manager isn't busy to do the interview. The interview took about an hour because it got a little side tracked. After interview was offered job, and salary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, Hiring manager offered 8, but I negotiated a salary of 9

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

I am certain I am an isolated case, as I must have done so well on the online application questionnaire that my interview was almost a joke. I filled out the app, planned on following up in 5 days, was called after 2 days, interviewed on the 3rd, accepted the offer by the 4th day. Note: I had ZERO job experience on my resume or anything relevant to cars.

Two days after filling out the online application, I was called by a manager to come in for an interview the next day. The interview included almost no questions about working on cars or any customer service situations. I was asked a few yes or no questions about working on cars, nothing more. I just kept my composure and acted professional as the interviewer told me much more about the benefits of the job rather than interviewing me.

After I finished my interview, I was given paperwork to fill out and told to wait for an email to activate my employee ID. No 2nd interview, no questions asked, just brought in for 1 interview where he told me how the job would be, as if he never intended to interview me at all before offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• "So you said you worked on cars before with your friend?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, only the manager telling me about the benefits of working. I was too distracted by the lack of real interview questions and the heavily implied job offer to bother negotiating.

Red Shirt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

Very friendly, quick. mainly talked about hobbies and what not. manager was more focused on connecting on a personal base first. which was refreshing. very laid back interview in my personal experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online a month prior to the interview. Application consisted of about 80 questions I think. Got a random phone call and was scheduled to come in. I recommend that you go into the interview with a basic knowledge of braking system, battery, tune-up, charge box, and ignition. But sadly I couldn't explain half of those lol but I answered to the best of my ability. Also be prepared to say why your the best candidate and what you can offer to them. Was offered the job on the spot :- ) Goodluck to anyone else who reads this

Interview Questions

• Explain the braking system, ignition, battery, steering wheel, charge box, and tune-up   1 Answer
    • Past job experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

based on my experience I asked for 8.00

Auto Parts Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Atlanta, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

The manager sat me down, and asked me if I need what a brake caliper was, was a head gasket was, then asked me how often you should change your motors oil. I answered all three, then he asked me if I wanted to start the next day.

Interview Questions

• How often should you change your oil?   1 Answer