AutoZone Autozoner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AutoZone Autozoner Interview Questions

Interviews at AutoZone

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Dothan, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was very informative. The manager went over the job requirements such as starting schedule (part-time at any store), basic knowledge of parts, and dress code (required to purchase your own red polos, black slacks, black socks and shoes). I was informed that there is a type of insurance plan available to their part-time employees and a different one available to those who make it to full-time. Neither manager conducting the interview could provide information regarding the insurance policies. Typical cashier/sales person questions asked during the interview such as How do you handle coworkers/customers who are difficult to get along with>

Interview Questions

• What comes to mind when I say suspension parts?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (Hayward, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The process once you got into the interview was easy but it took them nine weeks to call me back. Then they were like are you still interested in the job with us. Overall the process was ok. they could do better. The interview was quick and easy. just be prepared to answer car questions. If you can do that you should be able to get the job.

Negotiation

Just take it.

Anonymous Employee in Yucaipa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Yucaipa, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application online on a Friday and a few hours later I got a call back for an interview on the following Saturday. Ran a background check and was offered the job on the next Friday. Overall, the interview went well. It lasted about 20 minutes. The manager was on point with his expectations of you as an employee.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came in and wanted to replace their brakes, what would you tell them they needed to do the job right?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered more than I requested.

Anonymous Employee in Orange City, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Orange City, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

three interview two with store manager one with district manager another one was why should we hire you and what do you like to do? which all had the same answer really.

Interview Questions

• why do you feel like you would make a good fit here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

Hiring process consisted of two interviews. The initial interview with a store manager was not at any of my applied to stores. The location was very far but went well. Second interview was with the District Manager and it was even further away than the first but was short and to the point. Got hired on to a store across town even though I informed them I didn't apply there nor did I have a car.

Interview Questions

• Can you speak spanish? We have a lot of spanish speaking customers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back on the same day. I was interviewed in Chicago during what the manager called a "hiring blitz" for the summer. The interview questions were almost exactly the same as the questions on the online application, so be prepared with good answers. If you're an engineering student, definitely bring it up because it seemed to impress the hiring manager when I did, even though I don't have much practical experience with cars. Plus I think I'm getting paid at a bit of a higher rate than typical for a part-timer. The hiring process took about two weeks and is as follows:

1. Apply online
    2. Phone interview (to set up in-person interview)
    3. Interview at Autozone location
    4. Call and/or email received if hired
    5. Set up uniform and name tag pick up / paperwork
    6. 8 hour orientation day
    7. More paperwork, then work

Interview Questions

• How do you make a decision when there is no policy guiding you?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about cars?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time when you broke the rules   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Jackson, MS) in June 2016.

Interview

It's pretty straightforward. First you apply for the job on the internet. Then, they call you. You say, "yes, I can do the interview." They're like, "Cool, come in Tuesday for the interview." They give you a test, but it's just to see how much you know. Afterwards, they ask you the usual questions. "Why do you want to work here?" "Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?" "Are you willing to sell your soul for the company?" Just say "yeah, I can do that". Pass the background check. Pass the drug test. Go to orientation. And that's it. You got the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Hattiesburg, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

Questions about yourself and about vehicles. I had to do two different interviews with two different store managers. Did a background check for both of them and got drilled with questions during both one on one interviews. All for a whopping $9 an hour part time job with no benefits.

Interview Questions

• What are the components to the brake system of a vehicle   Answer Question