AutoZone Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.0

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back on the same day. I was interviewed in Chicago during what the manager called a "hiring blitz" for the summer. The interview questions were almost exactly the same as the questions on the online application, so be prepared with good answers. If you're an engineering student, definitely bring it up because it seemed to impress the hiring manager when I did, even though I don't have much practical experience with cars. Plus I think I'm getting paid at a bit of a higher rate than typical for a part-timer. The hiring process took about two weeks and is as follows:

1. Apply online
    2. Phone interview (to set up in-person interview)
    3. Interview at Autozone location
    4. Call and/or email received if hired
    5. Set up uniform and name tag pick up / paperwork
    6. 8 hour orientation day
    7. More paperwork, then work

Interview Questions

• How do you make a decision when there is no policy guiding you?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about cars?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time when you broke the rules   1 Answer

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was very short, about 20-25 minutes. The General Manager was mostly talking about himself and his hobbies. Never did he ask me of my customer service experience or important roles that I have had related to this position.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AutoZone (Hammond, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pretty much me being promoted to manager. I was interviewed by the district manager later she asked me what i see with autozone. I told her i want experience for future careers. She asked me how will i manage my team, i said that i will create a friendly environment and keep them on task and doing their job right.

Commercial Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in-person interview with Area Manager. Then another interview with HR, ASM and RM. No need for any previous auto sales experience. Long waiting process in between interviews and hire date.

Interview Questions

• The basic interview questions.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Had 3 one on one interviews then a panel interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

it was very short and simple, a very easy interview. You will most likely interview with a store manager and he will brief you on the job requirements and then ask you some follow up interview questions. The interview takes about 20-30 mins. After the interview the will give you a call back with a few days to let you know if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• how much do you know about cars? or what your experience working with cars   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Was interviewed by two managers that took about 30 minutes.
    Asked me general questions about how I would handle certain scenarios.
    Then they talked for a quite awhile about their policies, procedures, and what they mostly do throughout the day. Also, they ask you questions to test your knowledge on cars, etc. Tune Up.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a rude costumer?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AutoZone (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by the District Manager and the Store Manager (Training Manager ) at the same time and the time we spent was about an hour by me an the District Manager had already met it wasn't like an interview at all because he had made the decision to hire me when we first were introduced by the store manager where i at my last employment so we were just talking and they the DM and the SM was just telling me about the company and what the company has to offer me and they was also telling me of there experience and length of time spent at the company and how they came up so i to did the same sharing my work experience and how i came up in my career so there wasn't any typartcal interview questions just conversation about each others careers and goals

Interview Questions

• Where do i see myself in 5 years in the company   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Gary, IN) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview was short and they really didn't ask for much just wanted to basically find out if you steal. work experience really means nothing your pay is based on how they feel the day that you are hired.they claim to train you but you are pushed on the floor with little or no help

Interview Questions

• hwo long are you gonna work here   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Burbank, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

Dress to empress. she was very nice talked a lot about herself.