AutoZone Commercial Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AutoZone Commercial Driver Interview Questions

2.0

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Questions so were not related to the job. Just got to know the hiring manager. Very easy. I seen others get interviewed and they were asked questions about parts and repair. Most people got hired. As long as you haven't harmed anyone or have a drink, you are sure to get the job.

Interview Questions

• What are the hours you can work?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Duarte, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was okay, since most autozone's do not have an interview room or a private room, they interview you in the back where all the car parts are. The process was okay. You get interviewed twice, a store manager and the district manager, then they will call you. I was originally asking for a certain pay because I have 6 years of work experience, which was within their pay budget, and they called me back with a lowball offer. Of course I needed a job back then so I took a paycut and accepted.

Commercial Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

I was interviewed at one store, and supposed to be hired there as a Parts Manager at a higher pay rate and full time. HOWEVER, I was offered a low paying basic entry level part time job 24 miles away! Being currently unemployed for almost one year, I reluctantly took it. A decision I still regret to this day!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay and schedule are non-negotiable. Employees are numbers.

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Tyler, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was easy just asked basic questions lasted no more then 30 mintues. Job offer with in the next few days. Interviewed with store manager and commercial manager. After hiring you do have to do alot of training on the computer.

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Modesto, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview consisted of telling the manager about previous job scenarios. Manager asks about your previous jobs and work experience. He asks if you have any questions. Interview took about ten minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time someone messed up and you had to fix it.   1 Answer

Commercial Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Interview was easy, a lot of questions based on experience and sale and customer service. A long as you have a clean driving record of at least two years the rest is easy.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when a customer was really angry with you and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate just flexing the hours around.

Anonymous Employee in Glenolden, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Glenolden, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

After filling out the absurdly lengthy application they have you fill out online, I received a call sometime in the following month. I went in for the interview, which was more of a get to know your background, experience, knowledge, scenario questions, etc. The manager boasted about how easy it was to get a raise and that the percentage was higher than most places. All lies to make the job seems better than it is. The company was more concerned with he bottom line than with the employees.

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

During the interview, you get asked the basic questions like "What are your weaknesses" or questions about your automotive knowledge. It really doesn't even matter if you know anything about cars They say they will teach you

Interview Questions

• All questions were very basic, the only specific questions involved automotive parts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. I gave my salary requirements and they offered the job for 50 cents an hour less.

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Tallahassee, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Ask If I knew about cars, basic, my strengths and weaknesses, why did I want to work for them. Did I know how to check my own oil did I know about basic engineering on a car

Anonymous Employee in Beardstown, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Beardstown, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

asked a few basic car questions and a few basic personal questions, then offered me the background check, i accepted and waiting for 2 weeks before hearing back, they offered me the job and sent me and hour away for training overall took about 2 and a half weeks

Interview Questions

• what are the parts of the braking system, tell us about yourself, are you available all the time,   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasnt one