AutoZone Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AutoZone Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Applied then a couple days later went in for an interview, was told that I was getting the position. About a month later I finally received the offer. The interview was pretty straight forward, just asked about certain situations and knowledge of vehicles.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and received a phone call a few days later requesting an in person interview. I arrived for the interview and had to wait for the hiring manager to finish his conversation with his boss. We had a very brief informal discussion of my application which took place in the back storage area, where we each set in folding chairs and talked about my auto-parts knowledge and discusssed what the job entailed. When it came to discussion of full or part-time, he explained employees are expected to start as part time and once they prove their worth they can move to full-time. I was then given the firm handshake, a friendly smile, and was told I would hear from him in 2 to 3 weeks as he had other candidates to interview. I never heard from him again after that day.

Interview Questions

• Name all the parts you know of an automobile. For example brake calipers, rotors, brake lines, master cylinder, brake pads etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

My neighbor worked there, he gave me the cheat sheet for the psych eval. The actual hiring process is very similar, get friendly with someone who works there(or be the right race) and they will overlook it if you are a total creep.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Simple interview about yourself asking about your work experience and if you have ever worked on cars before. I didnt have much experience so there wasnt much to talk about. The interview only lasted about 20 minutes. The interview took place on the actual store in the backroom.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were challenged and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The interview process for me wasn't a hard one mainly because I was a repeat customer and had shown my knowledge of cars by dealing with my own vehicle over the years. I basically walked in and ask if they were hiring after I applied online and I was interviewed on the spot. The manager at the time asked me basic car knowledge questions and team work questions. After the interview I received a call the next day with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to change light bulbs, batteries, windshield wipers and if so, can you explain to me how to do it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Why do you want to work for autozone? What is included in a tune up? Do you know how to do an oil change? Those were the typical questions I remember them asking me. You don't have to know anything and it will be apparent if you lie to them. Just be honest to them if you don't know anything.

Interview Questions

• Why should I choose you for the position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Terre Haute, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was simple. To start the process, an online application is to be filled out and submitted. This included a questionnaire for a basic personality profile. Basically there were a few questions that if the wrong answer was selected, the application was thrown out and not considered for hire. After the application is submitted, the manager contacted me for an interview which was followed by an interview by the district manager.

Interview Questions

• How experienced are you with cars.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

The entire hiring process took nearly 2 months. Autozone is a very deliberate company. I interviewed in November 2013 and was hired January 2014. The interview was fairly basic. I had very little knowledge of Automobiles but I was able to let my character and personality show during the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Denver, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied for the job, a couple days later I got a phone call from a different store than the one I applied for. I accepted an interview, went in and sat down in the back with the manager. He looked over my resume and we chatted about some of the things I have on my resume. He told me he would review everything and give me a call. Later that day he called me and offered me a job, I accepted and started onboarding.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Culture education, computer software training, and process