AutoZone District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AutoZone District Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at AutoZone

District Manager Interview

Interview

Done over the phone and in person. Found interviewer to be cordial, yet pretty blunt. The interviewer explained that they had to ask hard questions so there would be no surprises if I got the job. Although I felt a little intimidated with the process, I felt the person was very honest with me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AutoZone

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone in January 2009.

Interview

Panel interview, will have list of standard questions, then go into detail further. looking for business acumen and thought process.

Interview Questions

• Will ask how you handle certain situations pretty standard, may ask questions about impacting financial performance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Panel style interview with regional manager, HR manager, AP manager, and a potential peer DM. I traveled in 9 hours for the interview which started 10 minutes late. A small introduction period, then led to the panels questioning. The lack of professionalism by the RM was almost comical, left the room 3x to take calls, then when did feel he wanted to participate, he was condescending and jumped all over the interview panel. Definitely seemed like he treated his support staff like dirt. The AP manager was on another planet, he just texted through the whole thing. The questions were your typical situational leadership, looking for specific step by step answers.

The promise of follow up within 2-3 days came and went. Still not even a courtesy call to say they passed,which personally I always made sure to do... But I cannot say I'm shocked. I wouldn't pursue even if they were interested...

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you took over a market with 6 gm vacancies. How would you fix?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you heard about a potential hr concern   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone in April 2015.

Interview

Didn't have my application or resume with him during the interview. Called me by the wrong name. I didn't receive any communication back after leaving 2 voicemails and a message with his Administrative Assistant

Interview Questions

• What will be your biggest adjustment coming to Auto Zone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with DVP and Divisional staff. Very detailed about financials and your knowledge of how to impact growth at store level. Every response must be as if you already had the position. Very corporate mindset.