AutoZone Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

First apply online, then there will be two interviews most likely on separate dates. Interview will be with a manager from the different stores. The interviews will go over your resume or job experience that is applicable to autozone.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with basic car knowledge?   1 Answer

Counter Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

After applying online you will receive a call from a manager from a close by autozone where they will interview you and ask you if you have any automotive experience and to determine if you can handle the demands of the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with cars?   1 Answer

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Two separate interviews - one with Store Manager, one with Regional Manager. Store Manager indicated that I would be hired and that he was not even interviewing other candidates. Be patient because it takes about two weeks to get a person hired. A month and a half later I was still hearing the same excuse. I stopped calling them, as I could not wait for two months. They just called to see when I could start....I have been with another company now for two months since the interview process began with AutoZone. Really??? Who can wait for that long? I was not applying for CEO...Autozoner..........

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, experience, are you dependable?   1 Answer

Part Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Galveston, TX).

Interview

It was an interview mostly asking how much I was advanced in the auto parts industry, questions about certain parts of the engine were asked, my education, customer service

Interview Questions

• One question asked was,, what all consist of the cooling system, or perhaps the brake aystem   1 Answer

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

They ask about your general car knowledge. Attention to detail is also critical due to the scenarios they enact and want you to provide a viable answer to. The initial call for the interview can take up to a month, and the actual hire date can come as soon as a few days to two weeks.

Interview Questions

• They don't really ask unexpected questions... It's more so about the knowledge. You must have a somewhat grip on car parts, or at least the basics, and know how they work. The rest of the knowledge is picked up through ongoing training.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a single piece of negotiation can happen

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (The Woodlands, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a very brief and cordial interview. I put an application in online and got a callback in less than 2 weeks. Interviewed 3 hours after the callback and received a job offer the next day. They did a pre-employment background check but no drug test. Had to do an 5-hour training session on the computer my first day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience upselling?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase. They said we will pay you this much.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

The Process was fairly simple applied online, work experience, etc. Once you pass your interviews , you are shown the store and how the software works when searching for parts.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Spring, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

They use a single interview process where you meet with the manager of the store which you applied at. They set up a time for you to come into the store for a one on one interview. Overall a very easy and flexible process.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions about your experience and weaknesses   Answer Question