AutoZone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Johnstown, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview never happened because interviewer was not prepared to be away from the sales floor. Waited close to 45 minutes and walked out so I wasn't late to my next interview. Was called 30 minutes later with an apology.

Driving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jerome, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Jerome, ID) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a nice interview. Very friendly. Questions were easy about retail. Dress code was not bad. Made me feel comfortable. Lots of questions but they were good ones. The interviewer was very nice and east to talk to.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Babylon, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (West Babylon, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Very easy application. Take a quick general automotive knowledge test. Then continue with the interview in a back room, where they ask questions about your knowledge, what's on your resume, and so on.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with automotive parts?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and received a phone call a few days later requesting an in person interview. I arrived for the interview and had to wait for the hiring manager to finish his conversation with his boss. We had a very brief informal discussion of my application which took place in the back storage area, where we each set in folding chairs and talked about my auto-parts knowledge and discusssed what the job entailed. When it came to discussion of full or part-time, he explained employees are expected to start as part time and once they prove their worth they can move to full-time. I was then given the firm handshake, a friendly smile, and was told I would hear from him in 2 to 3 weeks as he had other candidates to interview. I never heard from him again after that day.

Interview Questions

• Name all the parts you know of an automobile. For example brake calipers, rotors, brake lines, master cylinder, brake pads etc.   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone in June 2016.

Interview

Met with quite a few people from different levels of the organization. If was a long day, but I thought it went well and I impressed them with my knowledge and experience.

Interview Questions

• Was I comfortable in a more support type role than my previous positions?   1 Answer

Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Greensboro, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

For this job you are called in for your first interview in which you talk with the main manager of whichever store you have applied. If you make it past that you will then be called in for a second interview with the district manager. Assuming you pass that then you get offered the position.

Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Dothan, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was very informative. The manager went over the job requirements such as starting schedule (part-time at any store), basic knowledge of parts, and dress code (required to purchase your own red polos, black slacks, black socks and shoes). I was informed that there is a type of insurance plan available to their part-time employees and a different one available to those who make it to full-time. Neither manager conducting the interview could provide information regarding the insurance policies. Typical cashier/sales person questions asked during the interview such as How do you handle coworkers/customers who are difficult to get along with>

Interview Questions

• What comes to mind when I say suspension parts?   1 Answer

Parts Sales Representative - Customer Satisfaction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted at the back of the store, the store manager was very nice and asked me many questions about my work history and also asked questions to gauge my knowledge of automobiles. The interview took about 1 hour to complete. I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the store as a whole. All staff were very professional in their presentation.

Interview Questions

• Describe the operation of a car air conditioning system.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Panel style interview with regional manager, HR manager, AP manager, and a potential peer DM. I traveled in 9 hours for the interview which started 10 minutes late. A small introduction period, then led to the panels questioning. The lack of professionalism by the RM was almost comical, left the room 3x to take calls, then when did feel he wanted to participate, he was condescending and jumped all over the interview panel. Definitely seemed like he treated his support staff like dirt. The AP manager was on another planet, he just texted through the whole thing. The questions were your typical situational leadership, looking for specific step by step answers.

The promise of follow up within 2-3 days came and went. Still not even a courtesy call to say they passed,which personally I always made sure to do... But I cannot say I'm shocked. I wouldn't pursue even if they were interested...

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you took over a market with 6 gm vacancies. How would you fix?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you heard about a potential hr concern   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Qualified candidates are scheduled for initial interview. Follow ups narrow the candidate pool. On site interview is conducted with members of the hiring staff and upper management. Applicants are interviewed to verify skillset and abilities.