AutoZone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.2

391 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Coming into the store, I was greeted by three people. The manager greeted me with a smile and took me back to the room for the interview. the interview lasted about 30 minutes. At first it was several questions, and then we just had a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer autozone?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

First interview went well but the second wasn't great. The first interview was very informal and felt relaxed whereas the second interview with the district manager was tense and pretty annoying actually. Had to wait on the manager for a good hour after my scheduled time and it was just completely unorganized.

Store Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Bremerton, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

First, I got a call saying to come in for the 1st interview. Came in the next day to answer the managers questions. Got a phone call for a 2nd interview. Came in the next day to answer the area manager's questions. Then got an email for a job offer. Then a background check. Then training and more training.

Interview Questions

• What are some parts in the coolant system   2 Answers

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Very informal, sat in the back with the manager and just went over some questions, processes in the store, hypotheticals, and car questions. Went over the company philosophy, the normal interview stuff.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to name systems within a car to prove that I knew something about cars. Ex. "Name the parts of the cooling system."   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Heights, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Clifton Heights, PA).

Interview

The interviewer started out with a casual conversation, which warm me up to talk about my capabilities. Then, the manager ask me where I previous worked, and if I had any limitations on hours and days.

Interview Questions

• Some things that the manager wanted to know:
      Could you lift about 50lbs?
      Are you comfortable with using a ladder?
      Could you pass a drug test?
      Could you pass a a background check?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

One with manager one with regional manager and manager it was simple but I need to complicate my answer because 30 words are required just adding fluff thirty words to get past this stupid page and mandatory field One with manager one with regional manager and manager it was simple but I need to complicate my answer because 30 words are required just adding fluff thirty words to get past this stupid page and mandatory field

Interview Questions

• Driving record f endorsement   1 Answer

Autozoner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back on the same day. I was interviewed in Chicago during what the manager called a "hiring blitz" for the summer. The interview questions were almost exactly the same as the questions on the online application, so be prepared with good answers. If you're an engineering student, definitely bring it up because it seemed to impress the hiring manager when I did, even though I don't have much practical experience with cars. Plus I think I'm getting paid at a bit of a higher rate than typical for a part-timer. The hiring process took about two weeks and is as follows:

1. Apply online
    2. Phone interview (to set up in-person interview)
    3. Interview at Autozone location
    4. Call and/or email received if hired
    5. Set up uniform and name tag pick up / paperwork
    6. 8 hour orientation day
    7. More paperwork, then work

Interview Questions

• How do you make a decision when there is no policy guiding you?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about cars?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time when you broke the rules   1 Answer

Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, including an evaluation. Spoke with store manager over the phone, scheduled interview. At interview was asked questions about general automotive knowledge. Explained the position and asked some "canned" interview questions.

This was followed up by an offer emailed to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me all of the components of a cars cooling system.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

Was interviewed in back of store by store manager. It took about 15 minutes. They asked really easy questions. Then had to interview with District Manager, which was him pretty much rambling on for about an hour and a half.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I interviewed at AutoZone (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was about fifteen minutes long. The manager asked me about my availability, auto parts knowledge, past work history ect.
    Qs: "when was a time a customer was upset and you fixed the issue and made them happy.?"
    A:give your personal experience example Q:"when is it acceptable to bend the rules" "when was a time u decided to bend the rules?"
    A: rules are in place for a reason. I don't bend rules. That's not my decision. I'll leave it up to my manager. Never
    Background check took about a week (I had to send mine twice because of a clerical error but once it was filed correctly, it took about ten days including the weekend to come back clear. My second interview was about ten min long and he just told me about the job description, double checked my availability and offered me $9.20 /hrly. Training was the following Tuesday for 8 hours.

Interview Questions

• When have you decided to bend the rules?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had an angry customer and we're able to make sure they were happy in the end.   1 Answer