AutoZone Auto Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AutoZone Auto Sales Interview Questions

2.1

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Auto Parts Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

You fill out the application online and if they call you then you will have an interview and be required to take a parts knowledge test that is about 4 or 5 pages long. Then if you pass the interview and pass the testing they will call you and set up a date for you to attend a foundation class so that you can learn the basics about the company.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online. They called within a day. Came up there the next day and had a great 30 minute interview. Was asked around 5 questions reguarding my past work experience.

Interview Questions

• What was something you challenged but conquered in past jobs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herriman, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Herriman, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Didn't take long but was moderately formal. I was asked about my auto mechanical history and basically a quick quiz on how much I know about cars and their parts. There were not very many employees and the hiring process seemed to be based upon personality.

Interview Questions

• What parts would I buy for a tune up?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Beaumont, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Called within an hour of applying for a position. The interview was smooth and simple, generic questions including things like "bill did this and wasnt supposed to, how do you react?". Other questions about general automotive knowledge. Name some components in the suspension, brake, and steering system.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a few components of the braking system?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied by sending in my resume, couple hours later i recieved a call. Got to the interview the next day and the hiring manager liked my professional look and only asked a few questions about my previous jobs and skills. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are some skills you gained from your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Auto Parts Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on line. I was scheduled to meet with a Store Manager and District Manager twice. Each time, the interview was cancelled and I was given 4-6 hours notice. Finally met with both Store Manager (looked like in his twenties) and District Manager (looked like he was 50 to 65). Based on the Store Manager's questions, this was his first interview, and he asked me my age (an illegal question). I declined to answer. Other questions asked were, "Tell me about your knowledge of cars." I replied that I was a SCCA mechanic for over 10 years, I have 2 cars all with 200,000+ miles and 1 car with 190, 000 miles. Since I do a lot of maintenance myself, the cars are in great shape. At the close of the interview I was told the salary would be $10.00 per hour. At the end of the interview, I was directed to website. I went to the website, answered several questions; the web site appeared to be broken, because it would not save my answers. Following day re-answered the questions. I was offered the job at a reduced rate of $9.25/hour. When I inquired about the $10.00/hour mentioned in the interview, the Store Manager said, "This is the best rate I can offer." On Saturday 1/17/2015, the store manager asked me to meet him at 2:00 PM to complete the I-9 form, W-4 form. I arrived at the store at 1:55 PM (early) and met the Assistant Store Manager who informed me the Store Manager just left; and the Assistant Store Manager couldn't access the computer to print the I-9 form and other forms (i.e. this was a waste of my time). On Monday afternoon, the Store Manager never called to apologize. I called the District Manager and explained what happened on Saturday (The Store Manager was a no show for a scheduled meeting). The District Manager said, "I don't care. It's not my problem. Go talk with the Store Manager."

Interview Questions

• Store Manager asked me, "How old are you?"   1 Answer

The Store Manager didn't show for a scheduled meeting on Saturday.

Anonymous Employee in Donna, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Donna, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I began my application process through SnagAJob. The application process was easy and the company, like many others utilize an online psychological questionnaire to weed out dishonest employees. I was contacted by store manager and a face-to-face meeting was scheduled to discuss start date, salary, dress-code, and date of orientation. Orientation provides history about the company, the company mission, motto, and expectations.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. If you are dishonest then questions are hard because you have to invent answers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are going to be part-time and have years of experience in auto parts sales negotiate for minimum starting of $8.00-$9.00/hr. Rationale, no benefits for part-time employees besides the 20% employee discount.

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Plymouth, IN) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very nice the manager great he wasn't intimidating or to masculine, once the interview was over(about 40 minutes) he got a hold of me a few days later and had me fill a couple emails out.

Interview Questions

• when do you feel like you have had to take matters in to your own hands at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate because I figured i was getting min wage.

Auto Parts Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone in March 2012.

Interview

First interview was quick. Mostly questions about automotive knowledge. Showed a quick sketch of a car and had to pinpoint specific parts. I had mediocre knowledge at the time and it wasn't too hard.

Anonymous Employee in Delphos, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoZone (Delphos, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online was asked to take online tests, passed all of them easily. Then came the 1-1 interview with the store manager he asked me about my general automotive knowledge it was all in all pretty easy. Also will do a background check.

Interview Questions

• Common parts to the automotive braking system.   1 Answer
    • Common parts to the automotive engine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed to be done